Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What films do you think were robbed of the oscars?

Moviebuffer12

We all feel that OUR favorite movies should have won or at least been nominated for an Oscar. Many great films have been nominated but never won. Its really hard for me to tell you what the judges criteria is when judging movies This site might answer some of your questions or Kyle in Hollywood might shed some insight into what makes a movie "Academy Award" material.

http://www.filmsite.org/oscars.html

I'd need a reference book to accurately respond to this. I have a feeling CITIZEN KANE is better than whatever won that year's best picture award. But MALTESE FALCON was the same year. That's at least as good as Kane. GRAPES OF WRATH is just about my favorite. So, I assume it was the best of that particular year. It's hard to beat THE SEARCHERS. But how many John Wayne westerns went home with an oscar? It's fun to talk about awards. But the facts and figures can drive you crazy!

RR

Tootsie gets my vote, that movie should have won the oscar that year because it's a well crafted film but instead Gandhi won, I mean why give an oscar to a movie you can't even sit through. I think that Vertigo and Fargo should have won the oscar too. You hardly ever see movies about real people win the oscar, it's mostly hystorical films but not all the time, I agree that His Girl Friday should have won and not The Grapes of Wrath, it's obvious that The Grapes of Wrath would win, just because it's based on a classic book, same with Gone with the Wind, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington should have won the oscar for 1939.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings