Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Richard Anderson (1926 - 2017)

Actor Richard Anderson has died at the age of 91. He's best remembered for his TV role as Oscar Goldman on The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman. He appeared in many films and TV roles other than that, though, in a career that spread across nearly 70 years and 188 credits. Films included Forbidden PlanetThe Magnificent YankeeThe People Against O'HaraScaramouchePaths of GloryThe Long Hot SummerCompulsionSeven Days In MayKitten with a WhipSeconds and many more.

richard-anderson.jpg

• Like 7

whatta classy guy and and an always dependable actor. personally, I woulda liked to have seen him wind up with joanne woodward in the long, hot summer. he respected her! not newman's ben quick.

:)

he also starred in a very scary film so many of us saw on chiller theatre outta nyc. curse of the faceless man.

when that thing slowly starts to move while the girl is painting it, my siblings and I were genuinely scared.

• Like 1

I first noticed Richard Anderson in the early sixties when he started to take over for Ray Collins in Perry Mason. But I believe the first time I saw him was on The Untouchables--but all of the up-and-coming actors were on The Untouchables. LOL

I thought Anderson was quite good and I always thought he was rather handsome. He maintained his association with the Perry Mason crew going into the made for TV movies-- he was one of the guest co-stars of the first 2 hour movie,

The Return of Perry Mason.

I always thought that he had an inside track on a lot of what was going on in Hollywood, in terms of getting jobs, because he was married to Irving Thalberg/ Norma Shearer's daughter, Katharine Thalberg. But I could be wrong.

He was more than an adequate television actor and, as another poster already noted, Richard Anderson always was a very dependable performer.

• Like 1

I'm ashamed to say he was definitely in the I had no idea he was still alive category. Like most boys of my generation, I watched The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman religiously. Anderson was on both of them, even though they were on different networks! It's been a pleasure in my 15-plus years of watching TCM to discover he had a career prior to those shows!

• Like 1

I'm ashamed to say he was definitely in the I had no idea he was still alive category. Like most boys of my generation, I watched The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman religiously. Anderson was on both of them, even though they were on different networks! It's been a pleasure in my 15-plus years of watching TCM to discover he had a career prior to those shows!

Yeah, on my "thought he was dead" list too.

I've been seeing a lot of him on those old RIFLEMAN reruns I watch daily.  So far, he's been three different "old best friends" of Lucas in various episodes.  But he was also in a few episodes in which Lucas knew his character by reputation only.  But I too, was more familiar with him from television work.  The first movie that I saw him in was THE LONG, HOT SUMMER, which I never saw until I was in my mid teens and way past those times I saw him a lot on TV.  Was surprised to learn he actually DID make any movies.

Always put in a good job, and I liked him well enough.

Rest In Peace, Rick.  90+ is a good run.  You've earned it.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Anderson was recently seen on Slim Pickens' SUTS Day (Mon., Aug. 28) in "The Honkers".  He vies for Lois Nettleton's affections with James Coburn.

Two guys who remained skinny their entire careers.  

Watched The Honkers the other day.

Always enjoy Anderson in his roles, but never a fan of Bionic Woman or Six Dollar Man.

Yes I too admired Mr. Anderson and he was a very familiar actor to those of us raised on 50's and 60's television.  I watch many a black and white television program and see him frequently.  I am happy to note he lived a long, fruitful and successful life.

• Like 1

OXCEbsO.jpg

You know, when people list the performances of note in Paths of Glory there are probably few references made to Richard Anderson as the prosecuting attorney. But I find him effective because of that constant smirk (almost like a confirmation it's a kangaroo trial) on his face.

Later, when he has to briefly address the three soldiers immediately prior their execution, the expression on Anderson's face is far different. The smirk is gone, replaced by a look of discomfort and a desire to be away from the grim reality about to happen.

• Like 1