Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Put on your thinking caps for this one :)

garand

I am looking for the name of a movie or TV show with just the slimmest of information.

Ready.

Does anyone recall the name Ubancheck (sounded like You Ban Check) being said in a movie or tv show. I am not sure where I heard the name but I am thinking it was a movie or TV show at some point. Tried to google and search on imdb.com but not sure of the spelling. I think I remember a male actor mentioning the name Ubancheck.

Anything?

Kyle,

Banacek definitely starred George Peppard. I remember watching it when I was a teen. I think it was part of the weekly NBC Mystery wheel, which rotated with McMillan and Wife, Hec Ramsey and McCloud.

Various characters would try to irritate Banacek by mispronouncing his name, or they just simply didn't know how to say it, so several pronunciations were heard on the series. "Bananacek" was one pronunciation I remember from an episode in the season-one DVD set.

That's likely the only TV mystery series in which the entire focus was on the locked-room/"impossible crime" genre.

Great replys but I do not think that it is from Banacheck. I do not recall seeing an episode of Banacheck in well a very long number of years. I keep thinking my reference is from a movie - perhaps Eddie Ubancheck or something like that. Oh well the old noodle must be going south - to many TV shows, movies and the like over the years.

Ding Ding Ding - we have a winner. MASH was the key - the series not the Movie.

MASH TRIVIA

Marty Urbancic - they give his some drug that turned his urine blue and told him that if he bent over he would make his condition worse (bowling episode)

This was the episode where the MASH crew was bowling against another unit. I remember Urbancic was drunk due to drinking with Margaret and it was hit turn to bowl. Thanks- was driving me nuts and no reason why it popped into my head from such a long time back :).

I think Klinger rats him out when he tells Potter - they have Marty Urbancic bowling he is the Toledo something or other.

Marty - Eddie - see pretty close :)

How is this for bizzaro world - I was playing one of those table top bowling games a week or so ago and all of a sudden Urbancic and the bowling MASH episode pops up - whoa :)

Message was edited by: garand

Vallo - I figured someone would come with something that would trigger a better google search. BTW, we have one of those table top air hockey games, turns over to a small pool table. It also came with a bunch of other games including a bowling game.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings