Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rare Joan Crawford, Melvyn Douglas film on at 7:30 AM EST today!!!!

ziggyelman

Anyone ever heard of it? Dish network says it's a premiere, and with Crawford, Douglas, and Billie Burke in the cast, it sounds more like an MGM film, but it's from Columbia!!!!!!! And in spite of the brief review sounding serious, clearly by the title and longer description(If you click on link in the schedule, there is an amazingly long review of the film) it's a comedy. Hopefully, like other films TCM premieres from Columbia, they will run it in prime time later on......

They All Kissed the Bride (1942)

A woman running a trucking company falls for the reporter out to expose her business practices.

Cast: Joan Crawford, Melvyn Douglas, Roland Young. Dir: Alexander Hall. BW-87 mins, TV-PG

edited to make it say today, instead of tomorrow....

Yes, this was the movie Carole Lombard was supposed to star in before she was tragically killed. From what I remember she was even reading the script for the movie on that tragic plane trip. I also remember reading that Joan Crawford volunteered her services for the role and donated the money toward the war effort.

I grooved on this today!!! It also had an awesome supporting cast of character actors, starting with Allen Jenkins!!

Hey,does anyone know if TCM retains the license to air Columbia films after Dec 31?? (calling Kyle) They seem to be showing clusters of rare ones now, hope it's not the end!

Mark, oh no! I admit - I've seen TONS of incredibly rare films during the last couple of months. I never thought about TCM clearing out their vaults, anticipating No-Show Zones afterwards.

I'd love to see this film and about a hundred others over and over.

The audio quality started off fairly poor, but improved after the first few minutes. And while the video quality was obviously not top-notch, it was good enough to share this little jewel.

I watched "They All Kissed the Bride" - (well about 45 min. of it before I went to work.) I always switch on TCM in the morning to see what's on....this one was a nice surprise! I never heard of it. When I switched it on about 10 min. after it started, Melvyn Douglas and the wonderful Allan Jenkins were in a scene so that's what got me watching. Then I read the description and saw that Joan Crawford was in it.....she was very funny! Melvyn Douglas was as always so good!

A nice litttle gem of a film, and I'm glad I discoverd it!

I liked it... lousy print but a funny movie with Joan Crawford, Melvyn Douglas, Billie Burke, Allen Jenkins, Roland Young, Mary Treen, Andrew Tombes, and Charles Lane.

Melvyn Douglas was a hoot but then so was Joanie... the dance contest was hilarious and so was the scene where she's dancing in her office with the big ugly loving cup.

A very nice scene also was the one where the secretary (Nydia Westman--always underrated) is explaining what it's like to be married.....

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings