Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Foul Play!?!??! " A CLASSIC Movie??

Shonna

Just because it isn't a classic doesn't mean they wont play it, ever watch TCM underground on Friday nights ?

the channel is TCM - Turner Classic Movies, but not all of them are really classics...

some are classics of ones own kind..

Any define what a classic is anyway, that can mean anything to anyone

Foul Play is an ok movie, I dont see what the problem is

Shonna:

You're back. Yea!

It's not better or worse than some of the other midlevel movies they show it just happened to be thirty years later. They've shown other movies from later years. TCM has never really limited itself but it is rare they get as recent as ten years. During the upcoming "31 Days of Oscar" you'll get whole nights from the 1990s.

Chris

That was kind of an uncalled for comment. Everyone has the right to speak their views, without being insulted.

As for FOUL PLAY, I don't like seeing it on TCM, but it's easier to just go with the flow. TCM is airing TONS of great pre-codes this month and next...30's and 40's films....they tend to go more modern around holiday times.

That's cool. For those who dig that sort of thing. Doesn't mean we have to like it, but I can accept it as long as TCM continues to air cool stuff that is waaaaaay earlier than that. If I had my preference, they would show films from the 30's and 40's mostly...but I can dig the co-existence thing, though I'm NOT pleased with the Paramount deal they have going in 08. That looks bad, bad, bad, IMO. But hey, they start out with Jimmy the Cagney as SOTM in January, so I can't be beefing too much here. It's all good...keep the 30's stuff coming and I'm in bliss.

I don't know about calling it a classic yet.... But it IS FUNNY and Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn are great together, and the physical comedy is ala' old Dick VAN Dyke style . Duddly Moore as the creep is scary but funny.. I also enjoyed "Same Time Next Year" I believe, was their other film together, I think "Next Year" was the first one ...Of course I could be wrong....lol Both are a funny distraction...

There's no such thing as a good Chevy Chase movie.

Beyond that, has anyone ever noticed that FOUL PLAY revolves around an attempted assassination of the Pope?

By an assassin called The Albino?

And that the real Pope John Paul I died thirty days into his pontificate?

And that some think that he may have been assassinated?

And that his real name was Albino Luciani?

And that these events, and the movie's release, were both in 1978?

Who needs the daVinci Code?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings