Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr6666

& then there's the rest of the WORLD...

Of all the things to come through my area today, Egyptian locomotives bound for that country.  Didn't have my camera with me, found images from this site.

vlcsnap-2020-05-15-19h22m42s937.png

vlcsnap-2020-05-15-19h27m15s937.png

:blink:

China taking advantage of the pandemic chaos ...

China moves to impose security laws on Hong Kong

It’s not yet clear what the new rules will mandate, but talk of the national-security legislation is raising fears of eroding freedom among Hong Kong’s democracy activists. Beijing’s state media pledged the complete eradication of what it called a “cancer” of pro-independence sentiment.
  • Thanks 1

Brazil hits record high for new coronavirus cases

Brazil hit a record high for new coronavirus cases Wednesday, after becoming the country with the third-highest number of confirmed cases in the world earlier this week.

The country's health ministry reported 19,951 new cases in the previous 24 hours, bringing the total to 291,579 confirmed cases.
This new surge tops the previous record set Tuesday. Reported deaths caused by coronavirus also increased by 888 on Wednesday, bringing to the country's total to 18,859 deaths, the ministry said.

Asked about Brazil's skyrocketing numbers on Tuesday, US President Donald Trump said that he was mulling a travel ban on Brazil.

.........Bolsonaro continues to dismiss the threat of the virus, saying quarantines and lockdowns could have a worse impact on Brazil's economy.
He has repeatedly dismissed Covid-19 as a "little flu" and urged businesses to reopen, even as many governors scramble to implement social isolation measures and slow the spread.

The country lost its second health minister in a month last week. Nelson Teich stepped down after clashing with Bolsonaro over the country's coronavirus strategy..........

:(

Barcelona Opera House continues with a concert for  plants.

800.jpeg

The Gran Teatre del Liceu in Barcelona re-opened its season last Monday with the string quartet of the Liceu playing Puccini's Crisantemi.  Because of the nationwide lockdown, the quartet performed in front of 2,292 plants.

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news/2020-06-23/barcelona-opera-house-reopens-with-a-concert-for-2292-plants.html

• Haha 1

June 24, 2020

Morning Update: Inside Putin’s plan to rule Russia for as long as he likes

JOSIE KAO AND SIERRA BEIN

Good morning,

You can win a new car, or maybe even an apartment, if you cast a ballot in the referendum on whether President Vladimir Putin, who has already ruled the country for more than 20 years, can remain in office until 2036. Though Russia has ended its novel coronavirus lockdown just in time to vote – even as the country continues to record thousands of new positive tests a day – opposition campaigning is banned. His purpose for staying in the Kremlin are thought to be two-fold.

His successor could dismantle the path he’s set the country on. And there are worries about his own fate – Russian leaders have left office in one of two ways: They were forced out or they died.

Barring a shocking turn of events, Putin will soon rule Russia indefinitely. But what happens after that? Senior foreign correspondent Mark MacKinnon has the story. 

Al Jazeera English

@AJEnglish

THREAD Iran has issued an arrest warrant against US President Donald Trump and dozens of his aides,

months after the killing of top Iranian General Qassem Soleimani.

Here’s everything you need to know

https://aje.io/arjcr

Ebs9CvUXkAE2v_T?format=jpg&name=900x900

Seems The Rest of The World don't want to have anything to do with us.  Fine by me. :D

30882316-8533479-image-a-36_159499517060

'If I kneel down I'll never get up again, Ma'am': Captain Sir Tom Moore shares joke with the Queen as she knights at Windsor Castle - just hours after she attended Princess Beatrice's wedding

• Second World War veteran earned himself a knighthood after raising some £33m for health service charities 
  • 100-year-old was today knighted in an unprecedented personal ceremony in Windsor Castle's quadrangle
  • While other investitures in June and July were postponed, a special exception has been made for Sir Tom 
  • Prime Minister had called Sir Tom a 'point of light in our lives' as he thanked him for pulling the nation together
  • Before the ceremony, Sir Tom joked as he left his Bedfordshire home: 'If I kneel down I'll never get up again'
  • 27270938-8533479-Captain_Moore_is_pictur
  • Captain Moore is pictured front centre during his days in the Army. He joined the Armed Forces in 1940 when he was aged 20

PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC - JANUARY 22, 2019: Statues of black crawling faceless babies on Kampa Island, Prague, Czech Republic. Author - Czech architect David Chernyy 

depositphotos_190532678-stock-photo-prag