Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you stay indoors for New Years, what movies would you watch

dsclassic

I dont know about you, but I hate crowds, so I tend to stay in or avoid where crowds are...on New Years, there are those of us who stay in, watch movies to stay up..or not for the New Year...

What would you watch if you're going to be at home ? Classics, sci-fi, B movies ..yes to all ? Anything in particular ?

I remember one year TNT played a bunch of campy one star '*' movies & had a blast..

I might try It Happened One Night and Mr Deeds Comes to Town, a Frank Capra double feature..first time viewings :)

Just about the perfect film, period! Some of the best writing I've ever seen. It is a great holiday movie. Covers Christmas and New Year's both, and quite effectively.

Several times in my experience, the local (or cable) stations have run classic comedians that night. Marx Bros, Laurel & Hardy. For sentimental reasons, I'll stick with that theme. Fields would be good. Martin and Lewis. The silents. Start the year with a laugh!

I'm with you redriver. I'll take something fun. The Marxes, L&H have always been primary. (TCM even ran quite a Marx Bros. movies on a recent New Year's Eve.)

We used to visit friends and watch really bad sci-fi movies. The "so bad they are funny" kind. I'd rather have straight fun though.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings