Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Madeline Kahn

Dominick

The late and great Madeline Kahn only made 24 live action feature legnth movies in her career. Some are masterpieces and classics and some are just ok and some are clunkers. But she always a pleasure in them anyway. Here is my listof her best to worst. Hollywood never knew what they had. She was better than the best. So far more talented than her contemporaries. To me she was a true movie star. She should and will be remembered forever in screen history. An original comic legend. I miss her so much.

Young Frankenstein(1974)

Paper Moon(1973)

Blazing Saddles(1974)

What's Up, Doc?(1972)

Judy Berlin(2000)

Nixon(1995)

Betsy's Wedding(1990)

Clue(1985)

The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother(1975)

Won Ton Ton, The Dog Who Saved Hollywood(1976)

The Muppet Movie(1979)

Happy Birthday, Gemini(1980)

High Anxiety(1977)

At Long Last Love(1975)

The Cheap Detective(1978)

Mixed Nuts(1994)

History of the World, Part 1(1981)

City Heat(1984)

Simon(1980)

First Family(1980)

Yellowbeard

Wholly Moses!

From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler(1973)

Slapstick of Another Kind(1984)

Message was edited by: Dominick

I agree Mixed Nuts is no classic but to have a Christmas movie starring Madeline Kahn rocks for me. The only film that should be forgotten is Slapstick of Another Kind. It's a shame she died before Judy Berlin got released, she could have gotten the oscar. She was so sincere in that last film.

So glad you mentioned Paper Moon, a wonderful, underrated movie. Madeline Kahn was brilliant in it. In a few short scenes, she brings an entire character to life. Her Trixie is mercenary and scheming, yet somehow, Kahn makes you feel sorry for her. She deserved the academy award nomination for it.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings