Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

America's Gun Culture...

Recommended Posts

nick cruz will be charged with 17 acts of murder. now listen to the same liberal folks crying for gun control object to the notion that he should get the death penalty.

that is the kind of two-faced BS America had had decades enough of. he was mentally unsound or he could no longer differentiate between right and wrong blah blah blah. the same ole liberal BS. the same people who support trump and the 2nd amendment are the same people who support and believe in the death penalty and the same people who bellyache over the tragedy of senseless bloodshed oppose the death penalty...

well guess what? I think nick cruz oughta be tried, convicted and expediciously executed just like dylann roof should already have been...

but who is it that keeps these failed self-destructed 'human beings' alive past any plausible deterrent effect of an execution complete with free room, board and medical coverage...

the left! left-leaning lawyers, politicians and celebs.

dead man walking right? how about all the murdered innocent americans in their graves by all the unlawful outlaws AND VIOLENT SOCIAL MALCONTENTS THE AMERICAN LEFT HAS BEEN GIVING AID, COMFORT AND SUPPORT TO SINCE THE ANTI-VIETNAM ERA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cruz's liberal lawyers will now evade and obfuscate with everything from mental examinations to a change of venue just to hold up the wheels of justice. unending delay is the ally of the secular judicial mind because it impedes justice and punishment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

look at mexico. lives enslaved in fear of mayhem because the criminal elements in their society have matched and surpassed the firepower of their law enforcement agencies...

and the same thing is beginning to happen here because our courts and police have been weakened by a godless secular-loving left.

Buford Pusser once warned that if men refuse to stand up for themselves and the order of their society...

"the same damn thing can happen to you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mr6666 said:

NO candidates nowadays run on single issues. Most try to seem mid-road to attract majority

Maybe only way to find how voters feel are single issue state referendums, and reps should vote accordingly

:unsure:

What you state is true in my congressional district;  a moderately conservative district in blue state CA.  

But it is my understanding that in really 'blue' or 'red' congressional districts the candidate for the majority party does NOT 'try to seem mid-road to attract the majority' but instead plays to the fringe since that is what appeals to the majority.   This is especially true in the party primary.   

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

nick cruz will be charged with 17 acts of murder. now listen to the same liberal folks crying for gun control object to the notion that he should get the death penalty.

that is the kind of two-faced BS America had had decades enough of. he was mentally unsound or he could no longer differentiate between right and wrong blah blah blah. the same ole liberal BS. the same people who support trump and the 2nd amendment are the same people who support and believe in the death penalty and the same people who bellyache over the tragedy of senseless bloodshed oppose the death penalty...

well guess what? I think nick cruz oughta be tried, convicted and expediciously executed just like dylann roof should already have been...

but who is it that keeps these failed self-destructed 'human beings' alive past any plausible deterrent effect of an execution complete with free room, board and medical coverage...

the left! left-leaning lawyers, politicians and celebs.

dead man walking right? how about all the murdered innocent americans in their graves by all the unlawful outlaws AND VIOLENT SOCIAL MALCONTENTS THE AMERICAN LEFT HAS BEEN GIVING AID, COMFORT AND SUPPORT TO SINCE THE ANTI-VIETNAM ERA?

So you want to kill a 19 yr. old kid? Yeah, real mature of you. :rolleyes: What he did was inexcusable and even EVIL but he doesn't deserve death. The death penalty is the kind of cruel and unusual punishment used by groups like the gestapo and kenpeitei. A modern, civilized society has no place for it and yelling for the death of a kid is just sad.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jakeem said:

We are grieving with Parkland. But we are not powerless. Caring for our kids is our first job. And until we can honestly say that we're doing enough to keep them safe from harm, including long overdue, common-sense gun safety laws that most Americans want, then we have to change.

12:12 PM - 15 Feb 2018

Obama, The People's President in Their Hearts

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

So you want to kill a 19 yr. old kid? Yeah, real mature of you. :rolleyes: What he did was inexcusable and even EVIL but he doesn't deserve death. The death penalty is the kind of cruel and unusual punishment used by groups like the gestapo and kenpeitei. A modern, civilized society has no place for it and yelling for the death of a kid is just sad.

but perhaps you and others are mistaken....

and the forfeiture of one's life is justifiable if no remorse is present.

and since I believe God is the ultimate source of all life than it is permissable to my thinking because it is permissable to God who has sanctioned it in the bible.

you say for his evil mayhem nick cruz does not deserve death...and that is a human opinion.

my opinions are drawn from God's biblical revelations. and by stating your personal opinion that nick cruz should not forfeit his life despite having ended the lives of 17 other human beings like himself...you confirm everything I said in my previous post about the left...

a 19 year old berserker slaughters 17 people and then we have to put up with the basically irrational spewings of understanding for the perpetrator.

what about justice? justice in what? where? 17 funerals and untold anguish and grief?

and for nick cruz years of imprisonment well treated and well fed. reading materials and maybe a netbook so he ain't bored with the imprisonment by his own carnage he has sentenced himself to?

where is the recompense or justice in such a future for a remorseless mass murderer?

the mark of civilization?...or the mark of a moral and societal deterioration from sanity?

lets see jake tapper and anderson cooper ask the parents of the slaughtered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

but perhaps you and others are mistaken....

and the forfeiture of one's life is justifiable if no remorse is present.

and since I believe God is the ultimate source of all life than it is permissable to my thinking because it is permissable to God who has sanctioned it in the bible.

you say for his evil mayhem nick cruz does not deserve death...and that is a human opinion.

my opinions are drawn from God's biblical revelations. and by stating your personal opinion that nick cruz should not forfeit his life despite having ended the lives of 17 other human beings like himself...you confirm everything I said in my previous post about the left...

a 19 year old berserker slaughters 17 people and then we have to put up with the basically irrational spewings of understanding for the perpetrator.

what about justice? justice in what? where? 17 funerals and untold anguish and grief?

and for nick cruz years of imprisonment well treated and well fed. reading materials and maybe a netbook so he ain't bored with the imprisonment by his own carnage he has sentenced himself to?

where is the recompense or justice in such a future for a remorseless mass murderer?

the mark of civilization...or the mark of a moral and societal deyerioration?

lets see jake tapper and anderson cooper ask the parents of the slaughtered.

Didn't Jesus dislike the Romans as they conquered and occupied his land and started crucifying people? Jesus was himself a victim of state sanctioned murder and said that even prostitutes and murders could reform. He said to "turn the other cheek" not to go around killing teenagers. You aren't a christian but an angry Pontius Pilate.

Also stop calling me "left" and lumping me with liberals. I'm more of a semi-Corbynist than anything.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

Also stop calling me "left" and lumping me with liberals. I'm more of a semi-Corbynist than anything.

He calls most everyone a "secular leftist liberal" that doesn't agree lock-step with far-right evangelical conservatism and Trumpism.

Most here are centrist on many issues, while some lean more left or right on social issues, or economic issues.

I have to admit that I had to look up "Corbynism", and if I was looking at the same Corbynism, it was described as being far-left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

He calls most everyone a "secular leftist liberal" that doesn't agree lock-step with far-right evangelical conservatism and Trumpism.

Most here are centrist on many issues, while some lean more left or right on social issues, or economic issues.

I have to admit that I had to look up "Corbynism", and if I was looking at the same Corbynism, it was described as being far-left.

It annoys me because much of the stuff he wants like anti-muslim drone strikes/ continued wars, neo-liberal economic policies, mass surveillance, US global dominance and Guantanamo imprisonment are already supported by the politicians he rails against. He dislikes them for extremely inane reasons like Obama claimed he was Kenyan and he isn't christian enough. Also I wouldn't consider Corbyn as far left and definitely not liberal. He runs the second largest UK party and his policies have been described as Keynesian and he cited Adam Smith as an influence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gershwin fan said:

It annoys me because much of the stuff he wants like anti-muslim drone strikes/ continued wars, neo-liberal economic policies, mass surveillance, US global dominance and Guantanamo imprisonment are already supported by the politicians he rails against. He dislikes them for extremely inane reasons like Obama claimed he was Kenyan and he isn't christian enough. Also I wouldn't consider Corbyn as far left and definitely not liberal. He runs the second largest UK party and his policies have been described as Keynesian and he cited Adam Smith as an influence.

Nipkow's three greatest concerns seem to be Muslim extremism, abortion, and gay marriage. Nothing else really matters.

As I said, I didn't know what Corbynism was, so I looked it up on Wikipedia, and was just going by what it says there. 

"Corbyn self-identifies as a democratic socialist. He advocates reversing austerity cuts to public services and welfare funding made since 2010, and proposes renationalisation of public utilities and the railways. A longstanding anti-war and anti-nuclear activist, he supports a foreign policy of military non-interventionism and unilateral nuclear disarmament.

In 1997, the political scientists David Butler and Dennis Kavanagh described Corbyn's political stance as "far-left". However, more recently it has been argued that Corbyn is less radical than previously described, described as "Keynesian" by George Eaton.

When Andrew Marr asked Corbyn if he regarded himself as a Marxist, by which Corbyn responded saying: "That is a very interesting question actually. I haven't thought about that for a long time. I haven't really read as much of Marx as I should have done. I have read quite a bit but not that much". Similarly, defending John McDonnell's statement that there is "a lot to learn" from Karl Marx's book Das Kapital, Corbyn described Marx as a "great economist".

Corbyn has said he has read some of the works of Adam Smith, Karl Marx and David Ricardo and has "looked at many, many others"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Jeremy_Corbyn

To most American conservatives, anyone who even admits to reading Karl Marx, and then doesn't offer a swift and complete condemnation of it, is a far-left radical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious about the type of "long overdue, common-sense gun safety laws" Obama would recommend the US Congress passes.    I understand why he didn't push for this while President, even as a lame duck,  since the GOP dominated Congress wasn't going to budge.

Also,  does anyone recall if the 2016 Dem platform even mentioned passing any gun control \ gun safety laws?    I.e. was this something Hillary ran on?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jakeem said:

 

18 hours ago, jakeem said:

"He always wore like really patriotic shirts that seemed really extreme, like hating on the Islamic religion. For example, he would say things such as like, he would degrade islamic people as terrorists and bombers. I've seen him wear a Trump hat."

2b07.png

Federal judges are striking down the Muslim ban.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I'm curious about the type of "long overdue, common-sense gun safety laws" Obama would recomaccepUS Congress passes.    I understand why he didn't push for this while President, even as a lame duck,  since the GOP dominated Congress wasn't going to budge.

Also,  does anyone recall if the 2016 Dem platform even mentioned passing any gun control \ gun safety laws?    I.e. was this something Hillary ran on?

 

 

 

Yes, Hillary claimed at least that she wanted tighter gun control. Bernie on the other hand wanted to ban the AR-15 but was considered as more pro-gun rights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I'm curious about the type of "long overdue, common-sense gun safety laws" Obama would recommend the US Congress passes.    I understand why he didn't push for this while President, even as a lame duck,  since the GOP dominated Congress wasn't going to budge.

Also,  does anyone recall if the 2016 Dem platform even mentioned passing any gun control \ gun safety laws?    I.e. was this something Hillary ran on?

Obama may also have been referring to the previously implemented restrictions, that Trump overturned, on people with a history of mental illness buying guns. Even if that restriction is put back in place, I can easily see it going to the Supreme Court and they will rule it unconstitutional, and that's with the current court, let alone an even more conservative one that Trump may get to appoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Obama may also have been referring to the previously implemented restrictions, that Trump overturned, on people with a history of mental illness buying guns. Even if that restriction is put back in place, I can easily see it going to the Supreme Court and they will rule it unconstitutional, and that's with the current court, let alone an even more conservative one that Trump may get to appoint.

It is my understanding that even the ACLU had concerns about how the government would determine how these restrictions are implemented.   E.g.  what constitutes a 'mental illness'?    When is one no longer mentally ill so the restriction should be removed.    OR is the policy 'once you're in the database, you can never own a gun, ever?

Also,  should such restrictions apply to anyone that has a restraining order filed against them?  Anyone accused by an ex-spouse as being violent during a divorce or custody battle?  Employees that were threaten by a fellow employee?    

Of course the overall policy sounds logical and one would have to have a mental illness NOT to support it,  but there are practical implementation concerns especially given the 2nd Amendment.  

    

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

Didn't Jesus dislike the Romans as they conquered and occupied his land and started crucifying people? Jesus was himself a victim of state sanctioned murder and said that even prostitutes and murders could reform. He said to "turn the other cheek" not to go around killing teenagers. You aren't a christian but an angry Pontius Pilate.

Also stop calling me "left" and lumping me with liberals. I'm more of a semi-Corbynist than anything.

of course prostitutes and murderers can reform. why do you think I mention remorse? for that reason!

to date dylann roof has exhibited no remorse. if the same will hold true for nick cruz in the coming months then there is no moral basis for mercy which would be life imprisonment. you just don't show mercy to a multiple murderer in a vacuum. but that is all the left seems to want to do...

think in a vacuum.

pretty flowers and pretty thoughts no matter how well meaning...

do not alter the basic realities of the human condition.

the left wants to show mercy to everyone in an unthinking vacuum of pretty thoughts.

men and women must be thinking creatures and not lifelong kindergartners.

 

"the dew kisses the morning sky,

the birds kiss the butterflies.

:wub:

 

                                               -sister mary elephant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see any necessary connection between one's views on the Second

Amendment and the death penalty. Folks can support the Second Amendment

and be against the death penalty. Of course Cruz's lawyers, whatever their

political beliefs, will do all they can to present a defense, that's their job.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

So you want to kill a 19 yr. old kid? Yeah, real mature of you. :rolleyes: What he did was inexcusable and even EVIL but he doesn't deserve death. The death penalty is the kind of cruel and unusual punishment used by groups like the gestapo and kenpeitei. A modern, civilized society has no place for it and yelling for the death of a kid is just sad.

19 is NOT a "kid."  He is old enough to legally purchase firearms, to serve in the military, to vote and to do anything else an adult is able to do.  Only exception is to purchase alcohol-maybe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2018 at 5:38 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Hopefully this latest school shooting will convince state officials in states with lack gun control laws to pass the type of gun control laws CA has.    At a minimum no minor should be allowed access to a gun unless they are in the company of an adult.    When a minor gains access to a gun from an adult (e.g. they are able to get to their parent's guns),   the adult should be charged and given a prison term.    

In addition voters need to use the NRA rating of a politician to determine what politicians NOT to vote for.

Not going to happen in our lifetimes.  Sorry to be pessimistic, but responsible gun control is not something Americans who vote in Republican primaries approve of.  And I know all the polls say otherwise, but the people in office know their constituencies and the majority are pro-gun and anti-gun control.  No restriction is acceptable to them.

Just as all the ones before it, Parkland will not make a difference.  Sad but true.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheCid said:

Not going to happen in our lifetimes.  Sorry to be pessimistic, but responsible gun control is not something Americans who vote in Republican primaries approve of.  And I know all the polls say otherwise, but the people in office know their constituencies and the majority are pro-gun and anti-gun control.  No restriction is acceptable to them.

Just as all the ones before it, Parkland will not make a difference.  Sad but true.

This is why I advised non Republicans in red states with 'closed' primaries to register as a republican,  and to vote in the GOP primary for the most moderate candidate.    When CA had 'closed' primaries this is what I did but now that we have open primaries and therefore party affiliation, as it relates to voting has been rendered meaningless.  

Yea,  I know you said the above idea was nuts but for citizens that don't belong to the majority party,  this idea is the only way for one's vote to possibly make a difference.     (and of course one can still vote against the majority party candidate in the general).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:55 AM, Gershwin fan said:

I dislike the glorification of violence and murder in media too but the mentally ill having easy access to guns is very clearly part of this issue.

I'd say it's the inability to predict when people are gonna become "mentally ill" that's more clearly a part of the issue. How is anyone supposed to know who's mentally ill or not, or when such "illness" begins and ends?

The only sure way to keep guns out of the hands of those who will use them wrongly is to keep guns out of everyone's hands.

That'll happen in the U.S.A. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

granted, JJG, mental illness legal def. would be difficult to pin down.

So how about starting w/ something EASY...........Banning assault rifles??

:wacko::unsure:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

granted, JJG, mental illness legal def. would be difficult to pin down.

So how about starting w/ something EASY...........Banning assault rifles??

:wacko::unsure:

I agree with such a ban.    The problem is that for a Federal ban to pass it would require 60 Senators to agree and that is unlikely to happen with the current Senate.    But each voter,   especially in purple and red states, that wants their Senators to support such a ban needs to work with other liked minded voters to come up with a strategy to compel their Senators to support the ban or to defeat them once their term is up.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

© 2019 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
×
×
  • Create New...