Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

America's Gun Culture...

37 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

Possums are misunderstood, beneficial and harmless animals. 

I suppose they carry rabies like all the other wild animals that roam around the yards in the dark-- we've had rabbits, foxes, raccoons (cute) and even a coyote(yuck!).

But I got to say, as small as a squirrel's brain is, we see more dead possums in the streets than squirrels.

33 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I suppose they carry rabies like all the other wild animals that roam around the yards in the dark-- we've had rabbits, foxes, raccoons (cute) and even a coyote(yuck!).

But I got to say, as small as a squirrel's brain is, we see more dead possums in the streets than squirrels.

Opossums almost NEVER carry rabies.  Their low body temperature usually kills the virus if they are exposed. 

Squirrels are faster and opossums naturally "play dead" if the animal feels threatened. 

2 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

Possums are misunderstood, beneficial and harmless animals. 

So true.     Squirrels are more likely to damage one's garden than a possum.

I haven't heard of a possum attacking a small dog or cat.    (but maybe they do,,,, I only have birds as pets).

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

We had possums all the time in our yard. But once they got out in the street the cars took care of them.

We see more dead possums in the street, than squirrels.

Time to feed the dogs.

bd3b05522fee1252c05a8b5caf4febdf.jpg

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Time to feed the dogs.

4 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

Opossums almost NEVER carry rabies.  Their low body temperature usually kills the virus if they are exposed. 

Squirrels are faster and opossums naturally "play dead" if the animal feels threatened. 

You seem to know a lot about wild animals. You're not a vet are you?

I could have used some of your expertise when we had a squirrel up the chimney. One of the worst experiences anyone can have who has a fireplace.

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Time to feed the dogs.

30 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Time to feed the dogs.

I think we used to feed the dogs some brand that was horse meat,

But I have to say that I actually know some Kansans eat possum. So they might think it's too good for the dogs. LOL

• Confused 1
8 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I think we used to feed the dogs some brand that was horse meat,

But I have to say that I actually know some Kansans eat possum. So they might think it's too good for the dogs. LOL

Hey, that is a very high quality product;   Much,  much better than the standard Single Yellow Brand!

• Sad 1
9 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I could have used some of your expertise when we had a squirrel up the chimney. One of the worst experiences anyone can have who has a fireplace.

Ech.  I think I can top that... the night a squirrel crawled down our chimney and INTO a burning fire...🙁   It did not survive. 

13 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

You're not a vet are you?

No, I am not a vet, frequently see opossums in my own backyard at night, and was reading about them in the last month or two.  I do love wildlife and despise killing of any kind.  I admit I like a hamburger now and then, and feel guilty for it. 

1 minute ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Hey, that is a very high quality product;   Much,  much better than the standard Single Yellow Brand!

Have you actually eaten possum?

Eating bison is as Kansas as I get.

"The Chicago Police Department this weekend confiscated a handgun that had the image of President Donald Trump etched into the side. The Glock 19 was one of 17 guns seized by police over the holiday weekend in Chicago's South Side.

The confiscated Trump gun had the president's image emblazoned upon stars and stripes along the gun's frame (grip handle) and rail. The slide that moves back and forth on the top part of the gun had the words "Trump 45th.".....

https://www.newsweek.com/chicago-police-seize-handgun-trumps-image-emblazoned-side-1515523?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1593987493

glock-19-trump-image.webp?w=790&f=aaeaf6

On 7/2/2020 at 10:01 AM, TheCid said:

Contrary to popular belief, possums are not born dead on the side of the road.

Unless a pregnant possum becomes roadkill..

Guess I can dream. :rolleyes:

two-trucks-for-oversize-load.jpg

NRA

The AR-15 is the modern day musket.

An everyday gun for everyday citizens.

7/11/20
===================================================

The AR-15 is the modern weapon of choice for mass murders.

It was used to kill my daughter and 16 others in school in 6 minutes.

An everyday gun for those who want to kill as many as possible.

:(
  • Sad 1
  • 4 weeks later...

#BREAKING: I filed a lawsuit to dissolve the National Rifle Association for years of self-dealing and illegal conduct.

The   @NRA

is fraught with fraud and abuse............

They and board members at the NRA abused their power & illegally diverted or facilitated the diversion of tens of millions of dollars from the NRA.

The NRA has failed to carry out its stated mission for many years, and instead, operated as a breeding ground for greed and abuse.......

No organization is above the law.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

To be clear, no "charity" registered in NYS, including the

, can dissolve and relocate to another state without the approval of my office or of the Supreme Court of NY.

As long as our lawsuit continues, the NRA must stay right where it is & answer for their deep-rooted fraud.

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, mr6666 said:

To be clear, no "charity" registered in NYS, including the

, can dissolve and relocate to another state without the approval of my office or of the Supreme Court of NY.

As long as our lawsuit continues, the NRA must stay right where it is & answer for their deep-rooted fraud.

I wonder if this is really legally true.  Seems to me the board could just vote to move to the Deep South or Southwest and a more friendly, less regulated state.

They would still face charges in NY state.

• 3 weeks later...

What we know about the victims of the Kenosha shooting

The victims and survivor of the Kenosha attack, allegedly carried out by a teenager, are survived by friends and family.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/08/victims-kenosha-shooting-200827171614394.html?taid=5f4849056f609f0001002e13&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter'

:(

• Thanks 1

I'm surprised that the Steve Scalise shooter didn't try the same defence.  Constitutional loophole.

CyLn5GVQ_bigger.png

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

I'm surprised that the Steve Scalise shooter didn't try the same defence.  Constitutional loophole.

CyLn5GVQ_bigger.png

So what;  so the punk beats the illegal possession of a gun change.   As long as he is conflicted of 1st degree murder (or at least 2nd degree).   

20 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

CyLn5GVQ_bigger.png

I'm sure the prosecutor will present that well regulated means regulated by the state or some other governmental entity such as a county.  Even if one wishes to consider this group a militia, it ain't well regulated.

Even then, that would not be a defense against murder or manslaughter. 

• Like 1
On 9/1/2020 at 12:50 PM, Bogie56 said:

CyLn5GVQ_bigger.png

8 hours ago, ElCid said:

I'm sure the prosecutor will present that well regulated means regulated by the state or some other governmental entity such as a county.  Even if one wishes to consider this group a militia, it ain't well regulated.

Even then, that would not be a defense against murder or manslaughter. 

Yep! 

And so IF this IS true, then how freakin' IRONIC is THIS, I ask?!

And considering that the NRA, your stereotypical paranoid gun nut in this country AND punks like this damn kid tend to not only conveniently FORGET about THAT part of the Second Amendment, but ALSO tend to bristle at the thought of ANY "regulations" our government has or will pass, and with the thought in their heads as ANY regulations being some sort of "dire infringement upon their 'rights'".

(...and NOT just in regard to firearms, either...ANY regulations...and thus the reason they strongly support that damn fat-butted and fat-headed idiot of a POTUS we have now, and because generally THEY'RE as big a freakin' idiot as HE is!!!)

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...