Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

America's Gun Culture...

14 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

giphy.gif

Actually he won't because Congress will not pass the enabling legislation to do it.  If he tried, the Republican Supreme Court would rule it unconstitutional.

What he should do is find a way to prohibit guns at polling places for federal elections.  

1 minute ago, ElCid said:

Actually he won't because Congress will not pass the enabling legislation to do it.  If he tried, the Republican Supreme Court would rule it unconstitutional.

of course..........but at least he supports a SANE attitude & proposals

(as with M4-All, inch by inch.....)

-Better than nuthin'

;)

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Want to solve the problem of violence then fix our poor moral values.  

Getting injured or killed for asking to wear a face mask. 

Guns aren't the problem...PEOPLE ARE! :angry:

Stupid things people are shot and or killed over...

The Florida man who is accused of shooting and killing his brother over a dispute about a cheeseburger.

The Texas man who is accused of shooting and killing a stranger for cutting in front of him at a taco truck.

Another Texas man who is accused of shooting and killing his stepson for jumping on the bed.

A Colorado man who is accused of shooting a neighbor after an argument about feeding squirrels.

The Tennessee man who is accused of shooting a toddler three times after her mother didn't flirt back with him.

On 11/1/2020 at 3:15 PM, hamradio said:

The Florida man who is accused of shooting and killing his brother over a dispute about a cheeseburger.

The Texas man who is accused of shooting and killing a stranger for cutting in front of him at a taco truck.

Another Texas man who is accused of shooting and killing his stepson for jumping on the bed.

A Colorado man who is accused of shooting a neighbor after an argument about feeding squirrels.

The Tennessee man who is accused of shooting a toddler three times after her mother didn't flirt back with him.

Well, I've said it before and so I'll say it again (in mocking the NRA's stance)...

"THESE are all just the prices we must pay in order to ensure that all good law abiding citizens can arm themselves so that when our government turns tyrannical and comes knocking at our door, we can fight 'em off!"

(...AND THEN I always say that ANYBODY who believes THAT is a freakin' FOOL, and because armed rebellion against our government has NEVER EVER resulted in a "good outcome" for those who have tried it...NEVER...EVER...nope, not EVEN when a whole SECTION of this country tried it about a century and a half ago!)

On 11/1/2020 at 6:15 PM, hamradio said:

And if they had not had easy access to a gun, they could not have shot.

2 hours ago, ElCid said:

And if they had not had easy access to a gun, they could not have shot.

You know that for a fact?    E.g. they didn't already have these guns,  but decided to purchase them at the last minute so they could strike-back?

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

You know that for a fact?    E.g. they didn't already have these guns,  but decided to purchase them at the last minute so they could strike-back?

They had the guns because of easy access to obtain them before they used them.  Also, easy access to them when they wanted to shoot someone.

2 hours ago, ElCid said:

They had the guns because of easy access to obtain them before they used them.  Also, easy access to them when they wanted to shoot someone.

Sorry but to me you're still not making sense.    You also said this:  they could not have shot.

How would harder access to obtain them (guns),   have prevented them from obtaining the guns?

Unless these folks have a documented mental illness and are on some type of banned-gun list  (a law CA now has),    or some other type of ban (e.g. they are convicted felons),  all harder access (e.g.  background checks,   waiting periods,  can only purchase one gun every other-month,  etc.) does is delay the ability to purchase a gun.

Hey,   I know you know all of the above.      I'm just pointing out that your push-back to Ham appears to be really weak here.

Just now, jamesjazzguitar said:

Sorry but to me you're still not making sense.    You also said this:  they could not have shot.

How would harder access to obtain them (guns),   have prevented them from obtaining the guns?

Unless these folks have a documented mental illness and are on some type of banned-gun list  (a law CA now has),    or some other type of ban (e.g. they are convicted felons),  all harder access (e.g.  background checks,   waiting periods,  can only purchase one gun every other-month,  etc.) does is delay the ability to purchase a gun.

Hey,   I know you know all of the above.      I'm just pointing out that your push-back to Ham appears to be really weak here.

No further comments.

• 2 months later...
2/ - belief in a false reality - deep feeling of humiliation and victimization

What’s different and more dangerous about the domestic terror threat is that a former US president willfully echoes their rhetoric & feeds their anger.

3/ Moreover, they have virtually unfettered access to weapons given US gun laws
and, unfortunately, military and law enforcement veterans in their ranks with training that can be dangerously useful in the cause of violence.
4/ Federal law enforcement has known this and highlighted this for years - and the data on attacks, plots and deaths have shown right-wing and white supremacist extremists to be a greater threat than even Islamist groups.
But Trump appointees deliberately downplayed the threat.

5/ Even now, just 21 days after a violent mob carried out an organized assault on the Capitol, many GOP lawmakers are attempting to “move on” from Jan 6.

Imagine a similar push following an Islamist terror attack. Partisan politics have infected even the gravest security threats. ..........

38 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

I don't think House members should try to censor or punish Greene for anything she did prior to the election.    Since the GA elections were deemed to be fair,  she was elected and the voters have spoken.

14 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I don't think House members should try to censor or punish Greene for anything she did prior to the election.    Since the GA elections were deemed to be fair,  she was elected and the voters have spoken.

Baloney!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, ElCid said:

Baloney!  

I'm surprised by your position.  Oh well.      Note that I only said Congress shouldn't take actions for statements made prior to her becoming a member of congress.    

I hope others,  like that Parkland parents,   Jerry Brown,  etc,  (people that she has defamed or put in danger by her comments) sue her,  as well as state authorities looking into any state law violations.   In addition the DOJ should be looking into if she committed crimes like inciting violence etc...   

As for Congress,  they should look into actions that took place after she became a member of the House.  

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I'm surprised by your position.  Oh well.      Note that I only said Congress shouldn't take actions for statements made prior to her becoming a member of congress.    

I hope others,  like that Parkland parents,   Jerry Brown,  etc,  (people that she has defamed or put in danger by her comments) sue her,  as well as state authorities looking into any state law violations.   In addition the DOJ should be looking into if she committed crimes like inciting violence etc...   

As for Congress,  they should look into actions that took place after she became a member of the House.  

The rationale behind the House or Senate being able to expel members is to remove members who are unfit.   It doesn't matter if a majority of the people who voted in the GOP primary in a GA district picked her.  It matters whether or not she is fit to be in the United States Congress and to act on issues affecting the entire nation.

Yeah, I know a lot of other Dems and GOPers don't belong there either, but her past history, which is part of who she is now, is so egregious as to  warrant removal.  Of course it won't happen because the rest of the Trumpist GOPers would not vote to remove her. 

Your position would be like saying someone guilty of swindling veterans out of millions of dollars or guilty of child abuse before being elected should not be removed.  While her "words" do not necessarily rise to that level, they are words that encourage, incite and support insurrection against the US government.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ElCid said:

The rationale behind the House or Senate being able to expel members is to remove members who are unfit.   It doesn't matter if a majority of the people who voted in the GOP primary in a GA district picked her.  It matters whether or not she is fit to be in the United States Congress and to act on issues affecting the entire nation.

Yeah, I know a lot of other Dems and GOPers don't belong there either, but her past history, which is part of who she is now, is so egregious as to  warrant removal.  Of course it won't happen because the rest of the Trumpist GOPers would not vote to remove her. 

Your position would be like saying someone guilty of swindling veterans out of millions of dollars or guilty of child abuse before being elected should not be removed.  While her "words" do not necessarily rise to that level, they are words that encourage, incite and support insurrection against the US government.

Of course she should be removed,  but since that isn't going to happen,  the only option is to have her defeated in the 2022 GOP primary.    What CNN,  Pelosi, etc..  are doing is making her stronger politically which just increases her chances of winning in 2022.     But yea,  let again,  I'm being practical (politically),  instead of principled.      I.e.  I want her out of DC with no Federal political power.

PS:  with regards to your last paragraph;  If a member of Congress is  convicted for a crime that occurred before they were in office then Congress should remove that member.        

I'm curious about something else:  can you name the top two things Greene has done or said (before the election) that you believe justify her removal?    This is a sincere question especially since you mention child-abuse;   I.e. what has  Greene done \ said that is even close to that?     As for anything related to January 6th:    those comments were made after the election,  right?   

• 1 month later...