Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Something on TCM last night.

CitizenWazzy

So I fell asleep last night with TCM on and in and out of sleeping I saw dogs acting out All Quiet on the Western Front. I looked at the previous listings tonight and there was nothing matching that description. Anyone have any idea what I was watching?!

PS: I tried all sorts of google searches and nothing is showing up.

CitizenWazzy,

With the Canadian schedule you are sometimes better off than those in the States. (To see the Canadian schedule just click on "Canadian Schedule" found at the right side of the schedule page on this website.)

The MGM Dogville series was produced from 1929-31. Here are the titles and year of issue:

Hot Dog (29); College Hounds (29); So Quiet on the Canine Front (30); The Big Dog House (30); Dogway Melody (30); The Dogville Murder Case (aka. ?Who Killed Rover?) (31); Love Tails of Morocco (31); Two Barks Brothers (31); Trader Hound (31).

These were often parodies of similarly-named "people" movies.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if any of the Dogville movies were put on video or DVD?

According to everything I've been reading, the only one officially available is "Dogway Melody" on the "Broadway Melody" DVD. You may find them on some unofficial sites (with variable quality), or someone might "PM" you with a source, but they're not officially available (yet).

There are several that get shown fairly regularly on TCM (especially "Trader Hound" and "So Quiet"), but others haven't been shown in a long time. I've waited "ages" for "Love Tails" and then missed it the other night. Boo-hoo. That's the one I don't think I've ever gotten complete in any format. But, now that they've shown it, maybe it will turn up more regularly. "Barks" isn't shown very often, either.

Bill

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings