Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Flamengo

Music in "The Princess Comes Across"

Can someone tell me the name of the piece of music King Mantell (Fred MacMurray) is playing on the concertina in the movie  "The Princess Comes Across",  shown on Sept 15?  He plays the concertina more than once.  I'm interested in the first time he plays it, right after he changes the card on the flowers.

It appears to have a Hungarian or Gypsy theme to it, and I would like to know the name of the piece and any suggestions for other music similar to this.

Thanks for any help.

Can someone tell me the name of the piece of music King Mantell (Fred MacMurray) is playing on the concertina in the movie  "The Princess Comes Across",  shown on Sept 15?  He plays the concertina more than once.  I'm interested in the first time he plays it, right after he changes the card on the flowers.

It appears to have a Hungarian or Gypsy theme to it, and I would like to know the name of the piece and any suggestions for other music similar to this.

Thanks for any help.

Here are the soundtrack credits, which lists two pieces played by MacMurray on the concertina:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0028138/soundtrack?ref_=tt_trv_snd

I found a crummy Youtube of the film and listened to the tune he was playing, and then looked at the soundtrack listing. He is definitely playing a Tango, so my guess is that would be the Pampa Rose on the soundtrack listing, but I could not find anything further about that song.

Thanks for all the help.  I have listened to the Youtube video posted on here and have decided it could be "Paris in the Spring" as slaytonf suggested.  It's hard for me to tell.  I'm going to go with that idea.  So once again, thanks for the information.  I think I have my answer.