Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

nancy davis/reagan

butterscotchgreer

i just had the privilege of watching The Next Voice You Hear on TCM this morning, and had never seen it before. i loved it! nancy plays the perfect housewife. i thought she was so beautiful, and i think james whitmore is quite the cutie too. heehee! i know him from the Red Badge Of Curage, Asphalt Jungle, Please Believe Me, Kiss Me Kate, Oklahoma, and many other of his movies too.

i havent seen many nancy davis/reagan (man i dont know which name to choose when typing. heehee) movies, but i would love to see more come on TCM. i think i have seen one or two others, but a long time ago, and dont even remember the names of them. i just remember seeing her in the movies at my grandmama's house. has anyone seen any of her other films and if so, are they cute or at least worth watching?

any fans of nancy please chat with me. :) i love first ladies(my fav is lady laura :) ) so i read a lot about her, i just havent seen many of her movies.

• 3 weeks later...

on imbd.com it says that she was in Portrait of Jennie, but i dont remember her from that, i guess i have to watch it again.

Here you go, Sweet T:

Nancy Davis Reagan is on the left, Nancy Olson is in the middle, and Anne Francis is on the right. This is their only scene in the film.

portraitofjennie1.jpg

portraitofjennie2.jpg

portraitofjennie3.jpg

portraitofjennie4.jpg

portraitofjennie5.jpg

portraitofjennie6.jpg

portraitofjennie7.jpg

portraitofjennie8.jpg

portraitofjennie9.jpg

Hi Miss Tea! I like Nancy alot in East Side, West Side as the supportive best friend of Barbara Stanwyck. It's funny, but now that I think of it, almost every character tries their hardest to be likable and reasonable to a degree that makes the James Mason and Ava Gardner characters look as though they are from another world in their venality.

I like James Whitmore, too, because he reminds me of a less edgy Spencer Tracy type. He was great in The Killers and The Asphalt Jungle. He also continued to have a long, long career.

thank you frankiescott!!!!

i havent gotten a chance to watch it again since i last wrote that, now i remember!! i love seeing ann francis in her early movies too.

oh my goodness april you are right arent you? wow! she does look totally different in East Side, West Side. make-up artists never cease to amaze me!

you know this is funny, b/c when i first saw james whitmore and i didnt know who he was in the first movie i saw him in, he reminded me of spencer tracy! but when i watched him in a few more movies, he became a totally different person to me. isnt that interesting how an acotr or actress will do that to you. every time i first see an acotr in a movie, i see something, but as i watch more and more of their movies, i see something more thna i didnt see at first. i love that!

i just wish i could see even more of nancy's movies.

isnt that interesting how an acotr or actress will do that to you. every time i first see an acotr in a movie, i see something, but as i watch more and more of their movies, i see something more thna i didnt see at first.

Yes indeed. Errol Flynn was that way for me, and, of course, Gary Cooper. :P

• 9 months later...

Is it really? I do notice that her bone structure back then is the same as it is now, but her nose...I don't know...perhaps she had plastic surgery?

This is really fascinating to figure out. She looks much younger than the 26 or 27 she would have been at the time of filming, if she was born in 1921.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

Just to throw this into the mix: I now remember that Nancy first met Ronald Reagan because she was concerned about getting confused with another actress by the name of Nancy Davis, who was being blacklisted in Hollywood at the time, and he I believe was president of SAG. Not that I'm disputing your claim that the woman in JENNIE is our former first lady.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings