Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some Movies Not Showing Up On WATCH TCM

Philip1749

This morning I tried to find the film NIGHT UNTO NIGHT (1949) on WATCH TCM. It was not even listed in the letter "N" section, which ought to display all films whose titles begin with the letter "N". And yet this film was shown on TCM this morning, September 27th, 2017. Can anyone explain why this would be?   

This morning I tried to find the film NIGHT UNTO NIGHT (1949) on WATCH TCM. It was not even listed in the letter "N" section, which ought to display all films whose titles begin with the letter "N". And yet this film was shown on TCM this morning, September 27th, 2017. Can anyone explain why this would be?   

This happens often with other films as well. I assume there is some rights issue; that is, TCM gets the rights to air the film for one showing, but not the rights to put in on the website for continued viewing.

This happens often with other films as well. I assume there is some rights issue; that is, TCM gets the rights to air the film for one showing, but not the rights to put in on the website for continued viewing.

Scandal Sheet last weekend's Noir Alley isn't on On Demand.  :(

• 2 weeks later...

i subscribe through Cox cable and i have been experiencing movies failing to play for about a month. the cable company checked out their end and all my equipment is excellent. the  tier 2 supervisor also tried to load 2 of the movies i had issues with: he is in virginia, i live in connecticut. he could not load the exact same movies i couldnt . no coincidence.  Something is wrong on the web site. flash player is or was fine. i used 3 of the recommended browsers on 2 separate computers. one with windows 10 professional the other with windows 7 ultimate both are 64bit systems. i gave up trying to use firefox months ago. java script prevents me from logging in. it is a total waste of time.  i use microsoft edge in windows.10 chrome and IE11. and chrome and IE on windows 7. and, ironically, the movies on demand that will not load are the ones i want to watch. most of the movies will load and play but from a handful to a full dozen will not.those that will play do take much longer to finally play than ,say, 5-6months ago when all was fine.

i hope turner techs will reply ,better yet, fix the issue.

john

i subscribe through Cox cable and i have been experiencing movies failing to play for about a month. the cable company checked out their end and all my equipment is excellent. the  tier 2 supervisor also tried to load 2 of the movies i had issues with: he is in virginia, i live in connecticut. he could not load the exact same movies i couldnt . no coincidence.  Something is wrong on the web site. flash player is or was fine. i used 3 of the recommended browsers on 2 separate computers. one with windows 10 professional the other with windows 7 ultimate both are 64bit systems. i gave up trying to use firefox months ago. java script prevents me from logging in. it is a total waste of time.  i use microsoft edge in windows.10 chrome and IE11. and chrome and IE on windows 7. and, ironically, the movies on demand that will not load are the ones i want to watch. most of the movies will load and play but from a handful to a full dozen will not.those that will play do take much longer to finally play than ,say, 5-6months ago when all was fine.

i hope turner techs will reply ,better yet, fix the issue.

john

I don't personally try to watch movies this way, but not that long ago I helped another poster out with Firefox.  It turned out that this TCM service requires third party cookies to be enabled, and apparently they weren't on Firefox on his machine.  (To the best of my knowledge, this wasn't actually posted anywhere to inform)

Also if you can get it to work on the Chrome browser, but want your computer to be Google-free as I do, there is the web browser Vivaldi - made by the founders of the web browser Opera.  These days Opera is owned and run by the Chinese, no longer by the Norwegians who originally gave us Opera.  Vivaldi uses open-sourced Chrome components, but doesn't phone home to Google like Chrome.  Being that Vivaldi is based on the same rendering engine that Chrome uses, it ought to work just the same.

(I'm a Linux Mint guy when I'm on the Internet, so my browser options include everything available except for Microsoft or Mac browsers, which I wouldn't want to touch anyway)

Archived