Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Carrie Fisher And Robert Osborne

PRODUCER01

Carrie Fisher is something of a mystery. It is such a delight to hear her discuss films with respected film historian Robert Osborn ('The Essential") on equal level. Does anyone know if she has a University degree in film history? She is a great match--Robert/Carrie. From Lucas' princess Leia, to a queen of film aficionada. Who knew?

Message was edited by: PRODUCER01

• 2 weeks later...

My question is.....are we stuck with Miss Fisher for the essentials????

I think they could do much better. I didnt care for Molley Haskel at first, but she grew on me after a couple episodes. Sidney Pollack was a great host, as was Bogdonovich. Cant really put my finger on it but my wife and i cant stand Carrie, a total miss-match in my opinion!!!

Anthony

"My question is.....are we stuck with Miss Fisher for the essentials????" - Anthony

Since about 2003, a new season of "The Essentials" has also brought us a new host so I would be willing to bet that there will be a new host beginning in March or April.

Kyle In Hollywood

I think they could do much better. I didnt care for Molley Haskel at first, but she grew on me after a couple episodes. Sidney Pollack was a great host, as was Bogdonovich. Cant really put my finger on it but my wife and i cant stand Carrie, a total miss-match in my opinion!!!

Mis-match? Not at all. Carrie and Robert are like white on rice. They fit better than OJ Simpson's evidential gloves.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings