Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bocalovestheclassics

Octobe 2017r NOW PLAYING.............Where is it????

I never got September's and now here it is Oct st, October is sill not emailed to me. I have checked my SPAM and JUNK folders, and resent them my email address for for the 5th time. 

I called customer service a few days ago, and now it turns out, that they have no control over the magazine. And according to the agent, it appears that that department may soon become a thing of the past.  I then called the corporate office and left a voicemail.....no answer back.

Did anyone get their's for October yet?

i got my issue at 9:19 am this morning, Oct 1.

i did not get the Sep issue on the 1st after getting the July and Aug editions on time. so i made sure that my contact (allowed) list was entered correctly, and lo and behold it wasn't entered correctly as:

nowplaying@siteservices.tcm.com

(that's Yahoo's requirement)

after entering the contact correctly, i got the the Sep update on the 15th and today's email. just tcm.com won't do.

Mine arrived at 6:17am and I received the previous two issues too.

I also received no NOW PLAYING email for October.  The odd thing is that I received the previous ones at the email address I used when I signed up.

Why did they drop my email address after getting it right for the Sept. issue?????

It's bad enough that they cut me off from the printed edition of NOW PLAYING, which I loved and subscribed to for many years.  But now, they won't even send me the email version.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?????

• Like 1

I have gone online and signed up for this newletter THREE times over the past few months and STILL have not gotten the email. I follow Illeana Douglass on twitter and she tweeted out a link to the newsletter so I was able to get it from there. 

This is so ANNOYING. TCM should just post the d*mn newsletter on the website and call it a day. That said, I just signed up for it AGAIN. 

It is ridiculous for TCM to be so inept at something as simple as properly managing an email list for a newsletter. 

I see on the web site that Pola Changnon is "senior vice president of marketing, creative and brand for Turner Classic Movies (TCM)."

Given that something as relatively straightforward as managing a newsletter mailing list is becoming a negative brand experience for several people who ought to qualify as some of TCM's biggest fans, I would think that Ms. Changnon would want to know about it.

Based on other TCM addresses, I would try politely contacting Ms. Changnon using the address format

<firstname>.<lastname>@turner.com

Refer to my existing thread on the same topic.

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/156175-day-and-no-now-playing-guide-email/

As for contacting TCM via email, good luck.  I have even written to the CEO of TCM via USPS and never received a response.

Just added nowplaying@siteservices.tcm.com

to my contacts.  Will see how that works.

Haven't added the mailchimp address yet, but I guess that may be required also.

I viewed the NPGvia the link in another post.  The actual movie guide in which I am most interested is the same as the monthly schedule on the tcm website.  I was hoping for a more printer friendly (less paper) version in the email.

Question is why isn't the information on the TCM site for signing up re: adding__________ to your email contacts?