Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LawrenceA

Recently Watched Horror

"The Curse of the Werwolf" (1961) one of Hammer films best looking productions.   Oliver Reed gives a memorable performance as the young man doomed to become a monster.   The werewolf make up is the stuff of nightmares.   Terence Fisher directed this gothic fairy tale for adults filled with cruelty, sex, and blood.  I can't wait for the new Scream Factory blu ray

• Like 3

"La Marca del Hombre Lobo" (1968) released in the US as "Frankenstein's Bloody Terror".  Waldermar Daninsky (Paul Naschy) turns into a wolf man for the first time in this moody well done horror film from Spain.   The film lacks the nudity and blood of later movies in the series but it does have  moody Gothic atmosphere.  Naschy does make an athletic powerful monster. There is no Frankenstein in sight but there is thin effeminate vampire who shows up with his sexy wife. to battle the wolfman for the soul of his attractive friends.   You can watch it for free on You Tube in a nice wide screen print but the dialogue is in the original Spanish.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, jaragon said:

"La Marca del Hombre Lobo" (1968) released in the US as "Frankenstein's Bloody Terror".  Waldermar Daninsky (Paul Naschy) turns into a wolf man for the first time in this moody well done horror film from Spain.   The film lacks the nudity and blood of later movies in the series but it does have  moody Gothic atmosphere.  Naschy does make an athletic powerful monster. There is no Frankenstein in sight but there is thin effeminate vampire who shows up with his sexy wife. to battle the wolfman for the soul of his attractive friends.   You can watch it for free on You Tube in a nice wide screen print but the dialogue is in the original Spanish.

Reading your fine reviews of these films reminded me that I haven't watched a Paul Naschy movie in decades, so I'm going to start looking for them and watch them online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arsan404 said:

Reading your fine reviews of these films reminded me that I haven't watched a Paul Naschy movie in decades, so I'm going to start looking for them and watch them online.

I was never a big Naschy fan and his films were badly release in the United States. but after watching them in the great Scream factory sets- one can really appreciate the scope of his talent as writer , director and actor.  On a personal note I spent a lot of Summers in Spain - so many of the locations look familiar

• Like 1

"Assignment Terror" (1970) ("Los Monstruos del Terror) this one should have really been called "Plan Ten From Outer Space".  Dr Odo Warnoff ( Michael Rennie) is actually an alien from planet Ummo on a mission to invade Earth by reviving classic monsters.  Frankenstein, the Mummy, a Vampire and a Wolfman ( Paul Naschy) .  The movie is a wacky mix of James Bond gagedtry  and old fashion Universal monster mash.  Karin Door a long way from James Bond and Hitchcock plays one of his assistants .  Naschy wrote the action packed script . This is the sort of monster movie one loves when you are a kid but now looks ridiculous but fun.  You can find it on You Tube .

• Like 3