Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The movie "Dear Heart"

Louiseluvsdearheart

I would like to know why this movie is NEVER on TCM and why it never gets mentioned when talking about Glenn Ford movies. Geraldine Ford is in it, as well as Angela Lansbury. What a terrific cast! Is there some dispute about royalties or something? It is in my top ten movie list of all time. It is such a sweet endearing story with a wonderful tear jerker ending. I think about it so much and love the theme song, sung by Andy Williams. I mean, what more could you ask for? Why can it not be bought on a DVD? What is the deal? Good cast, good movie. Ignored by TCM. WHY WHY WHY?

Welcome to the boards Louise. TCM did run it a few years ago, but I imagine that they no longer have the broadcast rights to it. I know I saw it listed on one of the premium movie channels (maybe Cinemax or one of the Encore channels) in the last year or so and that would mostly like be why TCM can't show it.

As for DVD release, it's just one of thousands of films that don't make the cut. Doesn't reflect badly on those films, it's just that the studios don't think there's enough interest in them to make a release worth the trouble. Sorry.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings