Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Attention Joan Blondell Fans!

ChipHeartsMovies

Joan Blondell is being honored with a retrospective at the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) in NYC this week.

http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/film_exhibitions.php?id=6736

JOAN BLONDELL HONORED AT MOMA (!!!)

These are real projected films in a theatre, FYI.

Just wanted to let my fellow New Yorkers know...and give any nutsy out of town Joan Blondell fans the heads up to book last minute flights to our fair city.

I just found out today about it ... and as I am off to Atlanta to visit Mom for the holidays later today, I won't even be able to enjoy seeing Joan's films presented at MOMA myself!

It's a real tribute and genuine retrospective. Can't believe MOMA didn't let us TCM'ers know it was coming!

Miz Blondell is one of my favorites. I can only hope MOMA schedules a Glenda Farrell festival NEXT year. I won't complain about MOMA's scheduling JB's tribute in the worst possible week, because I am grateful they did it to begin with.

I'll be in Georgia, but I hope some of you get a chance to visit MOMA this week!

Well, I live far too far away to see this, sadly enough. You say they show these films on a big screen in a theatre with an audience??? Is that better than watching one a 19 inch screen by yourself? ;)

I am a huge fan of Blondell, thought she was cute, sexy, sweet, everything a guy could want in a gal. Don't know why they didn't give her more roles to match her talent.

I forget that not everyone has seen those movies mentioned, and I hope some film fans there will be sparked into seeing more of her movies.

I do think that they should have perhaps skipped Opening Night the Cassevetes film from 1977. I imagine many of the film fans there love his work anyway.

Miss Pinkerton ,or Union Depot, would have been better choices to show her acting off. Or, they could show Smarty if they really wanted to stir up trouble!

I have seen more references to her in film books, where a guy just has to mention that he had a crush on her, or thought she was a great little actress. I even remember reading in one book that a guy was talking to his Dad about movies, and how his Dad told him that one of his favorite actresses as a young man was Blondell, something he and the son bonded about.

One film being shown that really interests me is Three Girls About Town, a 1941 screwball comedy from Columbia. Never heard of it, and now that TCM has an agreement to show Columbia films, I hope they dig this sucker up someday soon!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings