Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the games will be impossible...instead of click the topic, answer...you have to scroll to the last post...lord knows where it will be, then scroll up to see others...what the hell?  

Someone who actually used the boards a lot should have made the changes (they didn't request any)...that obviously didn't happen...I'll miss you all...

• Sad 1
31 minutes ago, shutoo said:

the games will be impossible...instead of click the topic, answer...you have to scroll to the last post...lord knows where it will be, then scroll up to see others...what the hell?  

Yes, among other things this totally ruins the games threads. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

What's up with the giant sized emoticons? 

They're what took the place of the old Like button, only now you can express emotions about other people's posts with them...Aren't they CUTE???
It's friendlier that way, because we're an online community!

Absolutely HATE this latest TCM.com revision!

IMMEDIATE OBSERVATIONS:

No Way to know if we are signed in by simply signing in.
AND (even worse), NO WAY TO SIGN-OUT?????

Can't find the account settings (to actually manage our account here), etc. since there is no longer a drop down for that! NO WAY to ACCESS, READ or SEND PMs, or even the severely limited access to our recent and older posts and threads, that was previously granted us!!!

Lost control of the way we now write our posts, i.e. Automatic double space whenever we hit the ENTER key!
NOTE: work around for the double space default is to hit SHIFT ENTER keys simultaneously.

Totally UNNECESSARY and Annoyingly Distracting Giant Huge emojis!
NOTE: we had (evidently still have) a  full compliment of drop-down emoticons to choose from. BUT What we lacked, and what WE (as actual user board members requested) was an alternate to the LIKE button, i.e. a DISLIKE button. BTW, all of our previous posted LIKES have now vanished like a F A R T  in the wind.

Some of us requested an option button for either LATEST POSTS FIRST, or OLDEST POSTS FIRST (Our Choice).
This legitimate request was haphazardly granted, But now the default is the OLDEST POST!!! So we are almost back to square one with this problem, now annoying the other half of the oldest board members here.
Sure we can either click on the last posters post, or hover the curser over a  thread, and then selectively choose to see the LATEST POST. BUT this action has to be performed on each thread. There is NO WAY provided for US to simply change the the DEFAULT depending on OUR individual preferences!!!
Smooth move EX-LAX!!!

WHOLE BOARDS HAVE DISAPPEARED!!!
IMMEDIATELY NOTICED the conspicuously absent In Memoriam TRIBUTE to KYLE IN HOLLYWOOD, with many beautiful posts and images!!!
ALSO: the PROBLEMS MESSAGE BOARDS and PROBLEMS WITH TCM.COM boards which NO ONE in charge of this "revision" evidently bothered to access, read and consider before creating this latest DUFUS.
So NOW we have no specific place to post and share our concerns, complaints, suggestions, etc.
Evidently TCM is now borrowing a tactic from the Trump playbook: if there is something that doesn't agree with you, just eliminate it and then pretend that there really aren't any problems with the way you conduct your business (as usual)!!!

This revision was supposed to take place Last week on the 17th (10/17/2017), instead the boards were down for a several hours yesterday (10/23/2017), for this BS revision!!!
So much for being on-top of knowing what, when and where!!!

ASSESSMENT: TCM has again shown us that it doesn't know how to simply "fix" a minor issue without "breaking" some major things that had worked fine, along the way!!!

I may periodically shadow these boards for awhile to see if this is how it will all end, or not....
But my patience for this kind of repetitive crap is wearing very thin!
If there is no marked improvement, I will be joining the ranks of those older posters here who have chosen to vanish from these boards!!!

Edited by TCMModerator1
Inappropriate language
  • Like 7

I don't do Facebook. I don't Instagram or Tweet. And I don't even text on my cell. Mostly because of the idiocy with emojis and all this comic-book style garbage. The reason I used the TCM boards, and enjoyed them was because it was about writing: our opinions, our critiques or emotions like big adult people. This update has reduced the boards to cartoons.

I'll try it for a few days...but I doubt I'll stay.

• Like 3

I had hoped this was some "mistake" when I looked at it last night. Nope. The same disaster this AM. I have a screen shot to show the techs what I see, but of course, there's no longer an "editor" menu over the "reply" window as we used to see. Now all I see is a stretched out column of text-with all the text THE SAME-you can't tell a thread title from the "commands". Oy!
"You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL." Really? 90% of board users won't be able to do this. Thank goodness I know how....I think
This is what your new update looks to users:
newgendiscussions.jpg
People without avatars have a HUGE initial? Like the HUGE emogis? Cartoon site is right. Eeyuch.
Someone else said (but I can't "quote" or even see who said it): This revision was supposed to take place Last week on the 17th (10/17/2017), instead the boards were down for a several hours yesterday (10/23/2017), for this BS revision!!!
So much for being on-top of knowing what, when and where!!!
Yeup. Another case of someone in a company thinking they need to update a website and making it so 99% of people can't see it without upgrading their equipment. You know what? Most people won't update it, they'll just drop out.

• Like 3

Well, if TCM did this in order to get some members to "upgrade" their equipment, then the decent thing would be for them to offer to send them each a check to cover any costs.  ;)

And do we really need an auto double-space?  I guess they figure leaving the emoticons on the same line of the text on which they were intended was compromise enough.  :huh:

And I went back and checked.  None of my posts have those giant "Emojis" at the bottom of them.  Is it a case of where the person who posts anything doesn't see them on their own source, but can be seen by others?  If you get my drift........

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1

This is a nightmare. The emoticons are idiotic, maybe this will appeal to 10 year olds, it's like tuning in to a cartoon show. Games and trivia will be ruined. Except for 2 or 3 posters NO ONE wants the oldest post to show first. It's makes the games and trivia thread impossible. PLEASE GET RID OF THE MESS that was made on this site. It's HORRIBLE

• Like 2

Sorry, I had meant "upgrade your browser". My browser is as far as it can go on this computer. I'm NOT going to buy a new computer or start browsing on my phone or TV just because they want to change the site.
I've been on the internet since 1993 and this site for over 15 years and rolled with every "upgrade". I'm pretty sick & tired of being "upgraded out" every few years, costing me time & money every time.
Not worth the hassle.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, TikiSoo said:

Sorry, I had meant "upgrade your browser". My browser is as far as it can go on this computer. I'm NOT going to buy a new computer or start browsing on my phone or TV just because they want to change the site.
I've been on the internet since 1993 and this site for over 15 years and rolled with every "upgrade". I'm pretty sick & tired of being "upgraded out" every few years, costing me time & money every time.
Not worth the hassle.

I wanted to "like" your comment, but I'm afraid to click on one of those icons. They belong in a horror movie thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Are they kidding?

How could someone possibly think that we'd want a half page of gigantic emojis added to every post?

And why would they think that we'd want to be forced to read through all previous posts -- which most folks interested in the particular topic would already have read -- every time we look at a thread?

It sounds like there are other horrors I haven't had the misfortune to experience -- yet.

I cant even register to join the new boards. Really fed up. TIki, I cant read your pm, because I cant register. A few more days of this and I'm gone. Fed up with these ridiculous updates!

10 minutes ago, Hibi said:

I cant even register to join the new boards. Really fed up. TIki, I cant read your pm, because I cant register. A few more days of this and I'm gone. Fed up with these ridiculous updates!

Hibi, not sure why you need to register, no one it seems has to. Just keep posting. If you can post why you can't read Tiki's post? Rich's advice about letting your cursor hover over the thread title so that it will read LATEST, FIRST POST is great. You can read the last post. Really don't think you need to register. If you do, maybe Rich knows away around that. 

55 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

This **** is hilarious! Go to the members tab, click on "past leaders," and you get to see who won the gold, silver, and bronze medals for that day. I'm getting aroused now.

Yawn.  All that does is encourage some to increase their volume of frivolous posting.  Totally grade school.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
58 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Hibi, not sure why you need to register, no one it seems has to. Just keep posting. If you can post why you can't read Tiki's post? Rich's advice about letting your cursor hover over the thread title so that it will read LATEST, FIRST POST is great. You can read the last post. Really don't think you need to register. If you do, maybe Rich knows away around that. 

I can read and post but w/out registering I cant get to my account or read pms. Are they gone? I was able to read the text of the pm in the e-mail alert I was sent, I discovered later. TCM said existing members need to reregister and will then be sent an e-mail to change their new password. Well, I cant because it says I already exist. I'll give it a few more days. Really hate this new site. Money down the drain. WHO ASKED FOR THIS?