Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cjrogan2003

STAY AWAY FROM TCM TONIGHT!!!

What is on TCM's schedule tonight...Good Lord, the Saturday Night Live cast! Has this network entered the AMC zone? I mean A League of Their Own, Driving Miss Daisy, but Tootsie and Fletch...COME ON!

DO NOT WATCH ANYTHING ON TCM TONIGHT. I CERTAINLY WILL NOT BE DOING THAT.

Not a chance! I'll be watching "A League of Their Own", "Driving Miss Daisy" and "Tootsie".

Good stuff from TCM.

Mongo

CJ has convinced me to tune in to TCM tonight.

Driving Miss Daisy is the only film of the bunch that I've seen.

I STAY AWAY FROM TCM ANYTIME THEY HAVE A SPECTACULAR CLASSIC SINCE THEY CUT OUT SCENES THAT THEY, IN THEIR LIMITED OPINION, FEEL ARE SUPERFLUOUS, TO CONFORM TO THE TIME CONSTRAINTS THEY HAVE ARBITRARILY DESIGNED.

I WOULD BE WILLING TO PAY FOR SOME TYPE OF SUBSCRIPTION TO TCM IF THEY WOULD PLAY THE UNEDITED VERSION OF MOVIES. AS AN ALTERNATIVE I PAY FOR A BLOCKBUSTER VCR OR CD RATHER THAN GET IRRITATED WITH TCM'S CUTS.

I don't think you have your facts entirely straight.

I will also be watching TCM tonight. All of the movies in the line-up are well worth watching, especially "Driving Miss Daisy". So, save me a seat fellows, and a bag of popcorn, too!

And, rogan...don't presume to tell me what to do tonight or any other night. You are way out of line to say that to people who post at this site. If you want any recognition in these forums, you'd do well to keep your attitude in check.

Sorry, I just don't like seeing new films on TCM, and I am appalled by their lack of films in three-strip Technicolor. These films aren't in Technicolor, they are all in cheap Eastman CRI that will lose its sharpness in 10 years. The cyan dyes use to fade and the whole image would turn magenta. Fortunately, a Technicolor film never does that.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!!! We ALL think Technicolor is phvkkin' great, but damn! Get over it!!!!!!

...Okay, sorry 'bout that, but your childish disdain for movies not made in Technicolor is ridiculous.

Well, I gotta say I got a good chuckle out of reading these posts. Rogan, it's like you are just askin' for an argument in here. Ya can't TELL people what to do like that...we all have different likes and dislikes and that should be respected. I WOULD be watching TCM tonight if it wasn't for the fact that I'm going out for the evening. And as far as the Technicolor thing goes....I think we all read ya loud and clear. No need to beat a dead horse.

"What is on TCM's schedule tonight...Good Lord, the Saturday Night Live cast! Has this network entered the AMC zone? I mean A League of Their Own, Driving Miss Daisy, but Tootsie and Fletch...COME ON!

DO NOT WATCH ANYTHING ON TCM TONIGHT. I CERTAINLY WILL NOT BE DOING THAT."

cjrogan2003, I agree with you-I know there's an audience for movies of a later era, but I became a TCM fan to see classic movies, and I've definitely not been watching all the later movies TCM's been showing lately.I don't like too many movies made past the WW2 time, and my favorites are from the silent era,pre-codes, and Thirties.It's kind of a shame to get sucked in by the "good" stuff, only to have the old "bait and switch" pulled.There are other channels for those movies-TCM is all there is,in my area anyway, for the old truly classic movies.