Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1960's movie about a single father and a female drummer

IsabelleT

I'm trying to track down a romantic comedy/family movie whose main storyline is about a single father finding a new wife. The father meets a woman with whom his young son is friends (she might be the son's teacher or something along those lines) and has a lot of arguments/issues with her; they get together at the end of the movie. There's a secondary storyline about a young woman trying to become a jazz drummer. Throughout the movie she talks about her drum solo; near the end of the movie, she performs the solo for the first time in front of an audience. The drum solo rocks!

I believe the movie was from the mid '60s; I may be wrong about that, give or take five years.

I've been trying to find the name of this movie for years so that I can watch it again. I'd love to hear from anyone who has any ideas about what it might be! Thanks!

Does anyone remember if Stella Steven's character plays the drums in "The Courtship of Eddie's Father"? I haven't seen the film in a while, but it vaguely sounds familiar. In the film, she was always trying out new things, to build up her self esteem. She winds up with Jerry Van Dyke, who is a disc jockey, I think.

Message was edited by: Jezebel38

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings