Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tokyo Joe , Sirocco , Sahara & Arsenic and Old Lace

dsclassic

4 movies , I havent seen 3 of them, having just seen Tokyo Joe, which ok, but not a keeper for me...

Being a Bogart fan I have to see Joe, Sirocco, & Sahara - my co-worker says they are all ok, but nothing special

Arsenic & Old Lace is supposed to be a goodie ...

Anyone have anything to comment on this quartet of classics >

Message was edited by: dsclassic

I am a Big Bogart fan and Love almost anything with him in it, Sahara is very good, I've seen it a couple of times, and enjoyed it, I haven't seen the others so I can't speak for them If you get the chance see Sahara,, The original, not the remake,,, Arsenic and old lace is good too...

Message was edited by: kennethlawson

I'd say both Sirocco and Tokyo Joe are average, but nothing special. Sahara is one of my favorite WWII movies. Bogie is fine and it has a great supporting cast and Arsenic is, in my book, great comedy. I must have seen it at least 20 times and I laugh just as hard every time.Well worth checking out.

Sahara is awesome and is essential Bogart. I love that movie so much. Tokyo Joe is ok. I have the dvd cuz l love bogie. Sirocco is not that good but entertaining if u like Bogie. Arsenic and Old Lace is an essential!

But I highly recommend Sahara. It is one of the best world war 2 movies made during the war.

-

kpr

The underrated SAHARA's one of my favorite war movies, and second-favorite Bogart film. The picture features a great score by Mikl?s R?zsa who, that same year, 1943, wrote a better score for Billy Wilder & Charles Brackett''s FIVE GRAVES TO CAIRO, a similarly-themed film that's even better than Zolt?n Korda's SAHARA.

PS: Unusual as it may be, the transfer of SAHARA that TCM shows actually looks better than the pre-recorded DVD issued by Columbia (they're obviously different transfers, and I've compared them side-by-side). You can save yourself $20 by recording the film the next time TCM airs it.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings