Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Christmas with Bing & Ingrid..THE BELLS OF ST. MARY'S

ForeverGarland

NOBODY wears a nun's habit like Ingrid Bergman. Not Deborah Kerr or Audrey Hepburn or Loretta Young or Celeste Holm or Mary Tyler Moore or Rosalind Russell etc. Ingrid Bergman looks so sexy and wholesome in "The Bells of St. Mary." No wonder the out-of-wedlock pregnancy with Roberto Rossellini shocked minds back then. (Rossellini got it on with a nun!)

LOL CM, That is pretty funny, but i agree Ingrid made a great nun, although i am still very partial to Loretta Young in Come To The Stable, a gem of a movie that TCM has so shamefully not shown at all this Holiday..

As far as the scandal with Ingrid and Rosallini..that was nothing compared to today's real trashy ways of young Hollywood, where you can be out an photographed showing off your HooHaa to the world!...My how times have changed..and for the WORST! FG

Believe it not...I have never seen this film in it's entirety! I have finally been able to get it recorded from TCM channel and am looking forward in watching it---COMPLETLY!

Thanks for sharing those great photos!

MonaK

Message was edited by: MonaK

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings