Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a particular movie

temika

Hi everyone,

I am in search of a particular movie and I do not know the title of the movie or who stars in it. In the movie a black woman movies in with a white lady as her maid. They both have daughters and the black daughter wants to be white because the has fair skin and people often think she is. In an attempt to be white she movies away and in a way disowns her mother. Her mother gets sick but before she comes back her mother dies and she chases the casket down the street. If anyone knows the title or knows what I'm talking about please let me know. Thanks!!

Welcome to the boards. If, indeed, you are thinking of IMITATION OF LIFE, and you are interested in buying it, click on "shopping" at the top of this page which will link you to TCM's shopping partner Movies Unlimited. Search the title and you'll be able to buy both versions of it on one DVD for $15.99.

When you imdb check out the beautiful Fredi Washington who played Peola in the original. She probably lived a real life imitation of life. (She kind of reminds me of Margaret Lindsay. Yeah...go figure). This beautiful African-American actress could've passed for white and probably get some more roles. But she didn't. ...And she didn't.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings