Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Adventure and safety net

musicfan

Do Musicals offer safety from some of lifes' harsher realties?

--Am I attractive enough; do I have a good enough job; am I pleasent to be around; am I a good moral person; am I so "moral" and judgemental that I place myself and others in bondage; if I suffered abuse, am I becoming an abuser; am I fearful of the opposite/same sex; am I a giver or a taker; do I fear change or am I open to new people and new opportunities; am I rooted with a strong faith in a loving Higher Power, or am I too attached to people, places or things (movies?, songs?, books? etc.); am I a composite of opposites and paradoxes--if so, can I be OK with that, and be compassionate with myself and with you; can I live with not having all the answers--with accepting, as best I can, the mystery and what feels like frightening parts of myself, you, and my Higher Power?

My tolerence and acceptance of certain musicals often changes--and is more or less a reflection of where I am at in regard to some of the above issues

Message was edited by: musicfan

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings