Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"He looks like Boris Karloff"

dsclassic

I got a kick out of Arsenic and Old Lace with that line, it made me wonder if big name actors in horror like Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi , Lon Chaney ever met or shared roles with people who hardly ever touched that genre like Cary Grant, Errol Flynn, Clark Gable, etc etc ..Obviously Cary Grant knew who Boris Karloff was, I wonder what his thoughts were of him, and his horror movies

I know Humphrey Bogart (who was born on Christmas Day) was in the Return of Dr X but none of the big name horror folks were in there with him..

Lugosi's most pretigious film role is as a commissar in NINOTCHKA, with Garbo.

Karloff did more mainstream films than any of the other actors you mentioned, vast numbers during the silent era, and sound films including THE LOST PATROL, with Victor McLaglen, FIVE-STAR FINAL, with Edward G. Robinson, THE SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY, with Danny Kaye, and DeMille's UNCONQUERED, with Gary Cooper.

Yes it was very odd (for me) to see Lugosi with Greta Garbo, its sort of like a crossover with a big name horror star acting in a classic movie with a big name classic star..

Almost like Bogart in the Dr X movie - but odder

Well for me it is odd anyway, similar to having the Marvel Comic character Spiderman appearing in a DC Comic like Batman or something..a total crossover

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings