Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Interesting, stupid , funny or strange movie titles - good or bad movie

dsclassic

Lets talk movie titles...they don't make titles like they did back then..here are some..a lot come from the sci fi & horror cult genre

Plan 9 From Outer Space/Grave Robbers from Outer Space

I married a monster from outer space

Fire Maidens of Outer Space

Space Amoeba - Yog Monster from Space

Dogora/Dagora the Space Monster

Viking Women & the Sea Serpent (the Saga of ....has a longer title yet)

Thunder in the Pines

Murders in the Zoo

I Accuse my parents

Daddy-O

Operation Kid Brother

and so on :)

Can you imagine some teenager seeing a title like A Clockwork Orange or the Glass Key or the Bird with the Crystal Plumage and ask his/herself what the heck does that mean ???

Any movie titles that give you that ??? or LOL feeling ?

"Oh, Dad, Poor Dad, Mama's Hung You In The Closet and I'm Feeling So Sad" is really memorable. "Come Back To The Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean" has a swell ring to it. "I Walked With A Zombie"..."Santa Claus Conquers The Martians"...

As far as legitimately great titles go, you can't beat "Gone With The Wind" or "From Here To Eternity" as they have a glimpse of infinity about them.

There's also that impossibly long title from the semi-autobiographical film with Anthony Newly and Joan Collins...It goes on for days but I can't think of it. Not "Stop The World I Want To Get Off" but something far more elaborate and impossible to recall. "Will So and So Ever Get Over Such and Such and Find True Happiness..."? Something like that.

If anybody wants to look it up and let us know, we'll get you a glass of warm milk.

You stole my thread idea! >_<

Anyways...

The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!? (1964)

The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat as Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis de Sade (1967)

The Longest Most Meaningless Movie in the World (1970)

Another Demonstration of the Cliff-Guibert Fire Horse Reel, Showing a Young Girl Coming from an Office, Detaching Hose, Running with It 60 Feet, and Playing a Stream, All Inside of 30 Seconds (1900)

Lemon Grove Kids Meet the Green Grasshopper and the Vampire Lady from Outer Space (1965)

Rat Pfink a Boo Boo (1966)

My Lovely Burnt Brother and His Squashed Brain (1988)

Elvis Is Alive! I Swear I Saw Him Eating Ding Dongs Outside the Piggly Wiggly's (1998)

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood (1996)

...and my all-time favorite:

Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D (1991)

*There's also that impossibly long title from the semi-autobiographical film with Anthony Newly and Joan Collins*

You are recalling the immortal Can Hieronymous Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happines?, for which Anthony Newley was the director, writer, producer, composer and leading man and Joan Collins portrayed Polyester ****. Only in 1969.

Then there's Lina Wertmuller's Swept Away...by an Unusual Destiny in the Blue Sea of August.

Listed as having the "Longest Film Title" by Guinness World Records, who list the full title of the film is: "Un Fatto Di Sangue Nel Commune Di Sculiana Fra Due Uomini Per Causa Di Una Vedova Si Sospetano Moventi Politici. Amore-Morte-Shimmy. Lugano Belle. Tarantelle. Tarallucci ? Vino."

The English language title was simply "Revenge".!!!

Message was edited by: CelluloidKid

I always found the titles I Am A Fugitive From A Chain Gang (1932) and M(1931) to be somewhat odd. I love both movies, but the titles just a little odd. I mean, one would think that with I Am A Fugitive From A Chain Gang, they would of came up with a more simple title. And with M, whenever I talk about it to relatives or friends, their reaction is always "like the letter M??" lol

Message was edited by: Nicki82

"I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang" was based on a true story and a best-selling book of the same title. I think the producers wanted the public to link the movie to the book. But it certainly was a long title for a movie.

---------

This just in....

I just found out that the tile of the book was "I Am a Fugitive from a Georgia Chain Gang!", but I recall reading that the producers of the film didn't want to name the state.

Yes, I seem to recall in the movie a pan down a wide shot of a map of the Eastern States of the US as he first traveled around looking for a job, then when the camera started to get down into the Southern states, the map faded out or dissolved into a scene of him, so the camera never stopped on any particular Southern state.

One of my favorite films from the late 80's was called: "Blood, Guts, Bullets and Octane" With a title like that you had to see it in theater!! & "YES" I saw it in theater!!

It was directed by Joe Carn! I don't beleive it it's on DVD, but it is on VHS which I have a copy! Fun strange little film! Check this one out if you like corny, campy action movies!

"Apartment for Peggy" sounds so boring, but I loved the film. The problem for Peggy (Jeanne Crain) was solved in the first 15 minutes, and the rest of movie is an excellent slice of life in Post-war Mid-America.

There was a musical in Broadway in the sixties titled, "The Roar of the Greasepaint, The Smell of the Crowd" which I would have liked to have seen. I know other forum members know about this, maybe they can fill me in on the story or premise.

"Funny Bones" was an intriging title for me; I loved that movie as well, if you can get beyond Oliver Platt's opening comic monologue. It is intentionally painful to watch.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings