• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Women in power-- women take control of their own destinies

13 hours ago, jakeem said:

13 hours ago, jakeem said:

84b88a8e6a4fff0cd9b5fb0075bf9fc5_bigger.

Michigan Gov. Whitmer on pro-Trump protesters: "The odds are very high that they’re spreading Covid-19…."

6:21 AM · Apr 17, 2020·Twitter Web App

Governor Whitmer of Michigan is the female governor that trump has denigrated in public and has no respect for.

I wonder why?

9 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Compassionate and pragmatic Female leaders will not be intimidated by male leaders who still think they can upsurt the legal power of others-- especially when the other person is a duly elected female public servant.

14 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

We are fortunate to have one effective leader in the federal government.

why should he work with someone who tried to impeach him especially when she once said she wouldn't.

the democrats are guilty of paralyzing the country simply on the basis of personal dislike.

"you don't work with a captain because you don't like the way he parts his hair...

you work with him because he's got the job or you're no good!"

:P

1954: Best Foreign Actor - José Ferrer nominated for his ...

Here's what I think...

Beating Dead GIF - Beating Dead Horse - Discover & Share GIFs

Twump effectively shows that it wont tread water.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Here's what I think...

Beating Dead GIF - Beating Dead Horse - Discover & Share GIFs

Twump effectively shows that it wont tread water.

I'm confused Joe:   are you really saying that this thread shows that some at this forum have stage 4 TDS? 

OR are you just referring to Tra Reade's claim against Biden?

If the latter;   couldn't the same be said about all the decades ago accusations made about Judge K or Roy Moore? 

It will be very interesting to see how these women will vote this November.  Will hypocrisy prevail? 

kavanaugh-protests.jpg?quality=80&strip=

19 hours ago, jakeem said:

Fwtf1FgO_bigger.jpg

Flashback: Genocide survivor Nadia Murad tries to discuss the plight of Yazidis in Iraq and Syria—including her mom and six brothers buried in mass graves by ISIS terrorists—while Trump asks how she won a Nobel Prize.

4:31 PM · Apr 26, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

⤵️

19 hours ago, jakeem said:

Female Nobel Peace Prize winner explains to trump how her family was killed and how her people have been tortured. But what she is doing to help others like her to survive.

12 hours ago, jakeem said:

CyLn5GVQ_bigger.png

Dr. Birx says that while the coronavirus trends give her “great hope” for slow re-openings over the next few months, many of the social distancing measures that have upended American life will be a constant fixture through the summer.

1:33 AM · Apr 27, 2020·SocialFlow

Dr Birx directly contradicts vice president Pence with this comment.

Both Pence and trump have to learn to take a backseat to Professional Medical opinions when it comes to discussing the coronavirus pandemic.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I'm confused Joe:   are you really saying that this thread shows that some at this forum have stage 4 TDS? 

OR are you just referring to Tra Reade's claim against Biden?

If the latter;   couldn't the same be said about all the decades ago accusations made about Judge K or Roy Moore? 

I'm just saying nobody gives a **** when the intense bead on the focus right now is shooting Twump out of the saddle. 

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for Language

On 4/25/2020 at 3:00 PM, jakeem said:

NrRRE0_b_bigger.jpg

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer extends Michigan's stay-at-home order through May 15, but relaxes some restrictions https://cnn.it/3bAkYPy

10:37 PM · Apr 24, 2020·SocialFlow

Female Governors like Governor Gretchen Whitmer are taking the lead in the fight against Coronavirus in the United States.

Kansas Democratic Governor Laura Kelly was the first governor in the United States to close schools in her state in early March.

10 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

I'm just saying nobody gives a **** when the intense bead on the focus right now is shooting Twump out of the saddle. 

If true,  one could say that IS the point;    E.g.   I assume Princess, who created this thread must not care, because I have yet to see anything from her about it.    

Isn't Tara Reade a women that is trying to take control of her own destiny?     (yea,  I know you don't give a ****,  and either do I as it relates to Biden).

12 hours ago, jakeem said:

Women journalists getting equal recognition alongside their male colleagues for protecting and enhancing America's constitutional First Amendment rights.

35 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Rvynw19f_bigger.jpg

New Zealand is "not out of the woods," Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said, as the country entered its first day of transitioning to Alert Level 3 from the toughest coronavirus lockdown restrictions of Level 4

11:28 PM · Apr 27, 2020·SocialFlow

Why can't the United States have leadership like New Zealand?????

22 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Women journalists getting equal recognition alongside their male colleagues for protecting and enhancing America's constitutional First Amendment rights.

Not if they cover the Tara Reade story.

5 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

OK lets just hypothetically take any man.  Maybe even you for instance. Did you ever in your past joking, innocently, or even inappropriately do something to a woman who at the time just blew it off as boys will be boys. 20, 30, years later you are running for public office. Your opponents got enough money to hire a private detective and do research, check your high school or college yearbook, track down any woman who may have had contact with you or know of someone who had contact with you and offer them access to a sum of money on a prepaid cc or access to secret bank account, to exaggerate what you did, you may not even remember it. But dangling money or something else of value can be a powerful incentive to some people.

It's a 50/50 he said she said deal. 

On the other hand yes something may have happened but that's why there is a statute of limitations 

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

knoller_bigger.jpg

Dr Birx didn't stop to gaggle, but earlier on @foxandfriends she trumpeted the new program to expand access to Coronavirus testing at local drug stores. She said the tests have to be brought to the community. Testing in hospitals and clinics just "not enough," she said.

7:36 AM · Apr 28, 2020·Twitter Web App

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

knoller_bigger.jpg

Dr Birx defended the value of the daily WH press briefings on the Coronavirus situation. "I'm a PowerPoint kind of gal," she said of the importance of reporting to the American people. "If I have a graph behind me, I'm extraordinarily happy," she said of her presentations.

7:39 AM · Apr 28, 2020·Twitter Web App

Dr Birx is the White House Coronavirus Coordinator.

1 hour ago, cigarjoe said:

OK lets just hypothetically take any man.  Maybe even you for instance. Did you ever in your past joking, innocently, or even inappropriately do something to a woman who at the time just blew it off as boys will be boys. 20, 30, years later you are running for public office. Your opponents got enough money to hire a private detective and do research, check your high school or college yearbook, track down any woman who may have had contact with you or know of someone who had contact with you and offer them access to a sum of money on a prepaid cc or access to secret bank account, to exaggerate what you did, you may not even remember it. But dangling money or something else of value can be a powerful incentive to some people.

It's a 50/50 he said she said deal. 

On the other hand yes something may have happened but that's why there is a statute of limitations 

I agree with you, but,  I made similar points with regards to the Judge K hearings.   These were NOT a trial and there should have been NO investigation of those decades old accusations.    In addition Judge K had many previous background checks each time he was appointed to a higher position in the Federal court system.     The accuser could have mentioned what happened to her to the FBI,  each and every time,  but didn't.

As for "statutes of limitations",  many states,  like CA,  no longer have these for sexual assaults.   I.e. they are now treated like murder.   This is why many are suing the RCC,  as well as other individuals in CA;   E.g. Bill Crosby.  

I've been clearly told that the point you mention above is sexist and unfair to women and one only a man would have.     I've even been told that maybe I have something to hide,  because that would be the only reason to have such a POV.

Can't you see the hypocrisy,  mostly by progressive women,   as it relates to this topic and the Me-too-movement? 

PS:  and just to ensure clarity:  I would still vote for Biden over Trump,  PERIOD.

It could then even be say an ex wife who finds out 20 years later that her ex husband won the lottery and that jogged a memory of some old fight they had long ago whether real or exaggerated, and now she wants a piece of the pie.. lol. 

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

y6yTzWn6_bigger.png

D.C. mayor breaks with Trump, says city has yet to reach its “peak” of coronavirus infections

9:30 AM · Apr 28, 2020·Hootsuite Inc.

In the past trump has tried to denigrate the DC mayor.

But Mayor Bowser will not be intimidated and she will manage her jurisdiction as she sees fit--

despite the machinations of a racist-misogynist president.

5 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Woman Says Tara Reade Told Her In Mid-1990s That Joe Biden Sexually Assaulted Her

“She really didn’t feel there was anything she could do,” Reade’s former neighbor told Business Insider.