• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Women in power-- women take control of their own destinies

8 hours ago, jakeem said:

DijesdNB_bigger.jpg

.@clairecmc on Senate Majority Leader McConnell's comments on state bailouts amid the coronavirus pandemic:

“He is a political animal through and through. Political power is what he cares about … he was playing political games very irresponsibly."

5:18 AM · Apr 28, 2020·SocialFlow

Senator McCaskill is a force to be reckoned with who held her own as a Democrat in a predominantly conservative state. She represented Missouri in the Senate from 2007 to 2019.

When I first met Claire in the early 1980s she was just starting her career as a representative in the Missouri State Legislature.

Her enthusiasm was overwhelming.

After all these years, she is still brimming with enthusiasm and the desire to cut to the chase to expose the GOP for their lack of concern  for the welfare of the average American.

I've just gone through this thread for the first time and don't quite understand the gist.

But I thought I would post a photo of a great New York woman public servant, Geraldine Ferraro (1935-2011), who was my congresswoman in the early 1980s. It was a great shame she didn't become VP. 

GERALDINE_FERRARO.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

okay then lets see women take control of their destinies by demanding that joe biden address Tara Reade's allegations.

:lol:

6 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

okay then lets see women take control of their destinies by demanding that joe biden address Tara Reade's allegations.

Donald Twump the "pres" should go first and lead the way, followed by Jim Jordan and any other reped-lic-can* (*Twump's) under the same accusations.

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

Leadership is proactive, on the offense--

Not eternally defensive and Shifting the blame elsewhere.

A.O.C. is a phantom, nobody and I mean nobody in NY gives a rats **** about A.O.C. It's only Conservative baloney heads that are trying to pump her up into something just like this Tara Read accusations

By the way don't tell me you actually know who Krystal and Saagar are?

51 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

A.O.C. is a phantom, nobody and I mean nobody in NY gives a rats **** about A.O.C. It's only Conservative baloney heads that are trying to pump her up into something just like this Tara Read accusations

By the way don't tell me you actually know who Krystal and Saagar are?

I know Krystal Ball,  only because TT has posted stuff from her before and I looked her up.     She is a Democratic,  progressive,  Sanders supporter that has run for office as a Dem.   It appears the DNC didn't show her any love and this forms the root of much of her bitterness towards the Dem party establishment (sound a lot like A.O.C.).

I don't agree with your take on A.O.C.  being only someone conservatives try to pump up.    CNN loves her.    But maybe I should say LOVED her,  since it looks like even they are ignoring her after all of the attacks she has made towards Biden,  since CNN's main agenda is the defeat of Trump.

To imply she is a phantom is just wishful thinking on your part (IMO).         Anyhow,  I hope you're correct since I don't wish her to assist in the tanking of Biden.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TalkTalk123 said:

Anyone confused here doesn't understand politics. 

• Like 1

US women soccer team's lawsuit is dismissed.     This was a bogus lawsuit from the start.      Next time hire a better agent;  one that knows how to negotiate contracts,  instead of crying foul.     If you're really equal (and I believe you are),  then act like it,  and show better judgement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/05/01/judge-rules-against-us-womens-national-soccer-team-equal-pay-lawsuit/

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jakeem said:

omWV1cZs_bigger.jpg

Breaking via NYT: Trump moved on Friday night to replace a top official at the Department of Health and Human Services who angered him with a report last month highlighting supply shortages and testing delays at hospitals during the coronavirus pandemic.

11:55 PM · May 1, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

10 hours ago, jakeem said:

mZkHmLs6_bigger.jpeg

INBOX: Trump intends to nominate Jason Weida as HHS Inspector General. Weida has been serving as an asst. U.S. attorney in Boston. (Last month, Trump attacked acting IG Christi Grimm for her report about supply shortages and testing delays at hospitals.)

8:30 PM · May 1, 2020·Twitter Web App

IG Christy Grimm lost her job because she was standing up for the lives of Americans in a pandemic.

She was fired because she made the president look ineffective, because he was doing a bad job and lying about it.

She knew that by supporting the survival of Americans and telling the truth about the hospital situation that trump would probably fire her.

But she did her job anyway, and considering the job that she had and what happened to her,

she's another American pandemic hero and a Patriot.

No American should ever be afraid to tell the truth.

And no American should ever be afraid of a president because they told the truth.

8 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

US women soccer team's lawsuit is dismissed.     This was a bogus lawsuit from the start.      Next time hire a better agent;  one that knows how to negotiate contracts,  instead of crying foul.     If you're really equal (and I believe you are),  then act like it,  and show better judgement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/05/01/judge-rules-against-us-womens-national-soccer-team-equal-pay-lawsuit/

PS:  Within the Judge's 32 to page dismissal ruling he find that the women were offered a very similar deal that was offered the men, but declined that because they wanted better health benefits,  a per game bonus structure,  as well as higher pay for select high-quality players.    The men don't have these items (which is why there 'base' pay is higher).

I wonder if Megan Rapinoe is one of the women that is receiving higher pay their her teammates.     That would be ironic since she is the poster child of this so-called equal pay movement here.     Guilt? 

Also, Joe Biden made a statement today that he will cut off funding unless the women get 'equal pay';    I guess Joe didn't read the ruling!    But I clearly understand the pander to women especially based on the Tara Reade accusations (that appear to be falling apart).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jakeem said:

y6yTzWn6_bigger.png

D.C. leaders are fighting to keep the U.S. capital locked down, even as neighboring states begin lifting restrictions, members of Congress return to Capitol Hill and President Trump champions efforts to reopen the nation's economy

11:00 PM · May 6, 2020·Hootsuite Inc.

Cities, states and countries are fortunate to have female leaders who not only are practical and logical managers, but who are also compassionate in their concern for human life and welfare.

US House of Representatives

DC

Atlanta

San Francisco

Kansas

Michigan

Germany

New Zealand--

just to name a few.

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

House Democrats have crafted a $1.2 trillion+ coronavirus relief package without input from the White House or Hill Republicans, congressional aides tell Axios.

It could come to the floor for a vote as early as this week.

6:00 PM · May 10, 2020·TweetDeck

Speaker Nancy Pelosi is leading the House Democrats to another round of direct payments to Americans.

The Senate GOP led by Mitch McConnell don't think that the second round is urgent.

McConnell in the GOP want to take a wait-and-see attitude.

They don't care about all the 30 million + suffering Americans who are unemployed, or those rendered  ill and disabled by covid-19 

Or even more sadly--  those who have loved ones who have died and desperately need some some economic assistance.

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

y6yTzWn6_bigger.png

House Democrats released a mammoth $3 trillion relief package to blunt the economic fallout of the coronavirus outbreak that has shuttered much of the U.S. for two months

12:56 PM · May 12, 2020·Hootsuite Inc.

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

xdjYJNMn_bigger.png

BREAKING: Democrats new HEROES Act provides $3.6 for elections and contains all 4 pillars to safeguarding vote by mail?

1. Free postage
2. Ballots postmarked by E-Day count
3. Signature matching to be reformed to protect voters
4. Community orgs can collect voted, sealed ballots

1:41 PM · May 12, 2020·Twitter Web Client

Trump, McConnell and the rest of the GOP says there's no urgency for another coronavirus stimulus package.

But the individuals and Families who have lost more than 80,000 relatives and Friends to the pandemic and the Americans who have lost 30 million jobs or more to the pandemic may have a different opinion of what urgency is.

Urgency is paying the mortgage, paying the rent, paying the car payments, buying food, paying for funerals, finding support and care for children who have lost a parent, paying unexpected hospital and medical bills--

it goes on and on--

If you are a real average American and not a cushy billionaire in the GOP.

Nancy and the Democrats are looking out for the average American because those are their constituents and because nobody else in the Federal government gives a damn.

4 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Trump, McConnell and the rest of the GOP says there's no urgency for another coronavirus stimulus package.

But the individuals and Families who have lost more than 80,000 relatives and Friends to the pandemic and the Americans who have lost 30 million jobs or more to the pandemic may have a different opinion of what urgency is.

Urgency is paying the mortgage, paying the rent, paying the car payments, buying food, paying for funerals, finding support and care for children who have lost a parent, paying unexpected hospital and medical bills--

it goes on and on--

If you are a real average American and not a cushy billionaire in the GOP.

Nancy and the Democrats are looking out for the average American because those are their constituents and because nobody else in the Federal government gives a damn.

well if they have to go to such extremes to try an ensure a biden victory...

:lol:

12 hours ago, jakeem said:

DijesdNB_bigger.jpg

Speaker Pelosi on the $3T coronavirus rescue bill proposed by House Democrats:

"This amount of money is not as much as Republicans put forth for their tax scam bill, giving 83 percent of benefits to the top 1 percent."

12:42 AM · May 15, 2020·SocialFlow

Speaker Nancy Pelosi not only is proactive in this horrible pandemic emergency to help Americans survive,

But she is also not afraid to speak the truth--

when so many in the executive branch of the federal government are lying to the American people.

58 minutes ago, jakeem said:

y6yTzWn6_bigger.png

The House just passed a $3 trillion coronavirus relief package that would deliver federal aid for state and local governments, provide rent and mortgage relief and expand unemployment and food assistance programs

9:31 PM · May 15, 2020·Hootsuite Inc.

56 minutes ago, jakeem said:

tw7JPE5v_bigger.jpg

The newly passed House bill includes:
- More cash payments to Americans
- Rent and mortgage relief
- Expanded unemployment insurance benefits
- Student loan relief
- Billions for crucial medical equipment

9:55 PM · May 15, 2020·SocialFlow

Speaker Pelosi-- Working for the people, working for the Americans.

Of course, Trump and McConnell don't like this bill because it doesn't give enough money to their billionaire FatCat donors and to those international corporations who did so well on that last stimulus bill that the Republicans wrote--

Nicknamed:

"The NO Oversight Bill".

never liked her from the start. I found her demeanor after Mondale picked her very self-serving and lacking in any humility whatsoever.

GERALDINE_FERRARO.jpg