Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Women in power-- women take control of their own destinies

10 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Black female Mayors blast trump for his lack of leadership and divisive racist comments.

they would say nothing else because their true leaders the congressional black caucus and naacp would go to town on them.

39 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

they would say nothing else because their true leaders the congressional black caucus and naacp would go to town on them.

Boy Nipkow.  Welcome back.  When Trump was rightfully being lambasted for killing 60,000 plus Americans for doing nothing about the coronavirus you were particularly silent.  

But now that we got the wag the dog tough guy Trump calling for law enforcement you are back in full voice.

05/31/2020 21:36:50
TOTAL ESTIMATED U.S. COVID-19 DEATHS: 104,289

Trump Death Clock

Estimated U.S. COVID-19 Deaths Due To POTUS Inaction
In January 2020, the Trump administration was advised that immediate action was required to stop the spread of COVID-19. According to NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci, “there was a lot of pushback” to this advice. President Trump declined to act until March 16th. Experts estimate that, had mitigation measures been implemented one week earlier, 60% of American COVID-19 deaths would have been avoided. (For further reading, click here).

10 hours ago, jakeem said:

DijesdNB_bigger.jpg

“The reason why you see so much anger, so much frustration, is because it’s really about more than just this one case,” fmr. AG Loretta Lynch says of unrest in Minneapolis following the death of George Floyd. “It is about how we police in America.”

11:02 AM · May 31, 2020·SocialFlow

America's first black female Attorney General commenting on this week's tragic situation.

14 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

America's first black female Attorney General commenting on this week's tragic situation.

AND not very effective as it relates with working with local authorities in some of the US largest cities and their police abuse issues.

This is key to these protest;  the perception by younger black Americans that the older generation of black Americans and how they addressed civil rights,  wasn't very successful. 

Note that BLM and other black activist groups have said the same thing about Katlana Harris when she was AG of California.

This is where most of the pain is;   I.e. they know the GOP and the racist Trump admin does care,    but they expected a lot more from their elders. 

I don't know if that is fair or not,  since I'm not in the shoes of either (the younger generation of blacks or the older one).

33 minutes ago, Sukhov said:

Sufferin' succotash! Do you think it's at all possible that this guy learned to speak English by watching Daffy Duck cartoons, one after another?

Now there's 7 minutes and 25 seconds of my life I'll never get back.

(...but then again on the bright side here, I WAS once again reminded of what a comic genius Mel Blanc was, and so there's THAT at least!)

Today CNN is promoting Atlanta mayor Ms. Bottoms as Biden's V.P.  candidate.       Well according to the V.P. of the NAACP Atlanta charter,   there are 5 open cases of police abuse on black men that have been open for over 6 months with no charges filed.   No resolution.     

Now I'm not saying that means she is failing in this regards,  but only that groups like BLM clearly believe she is.     So is Bottoms just another part of the Dem political establishment that knows the right things to say,  but still can't get things done?     OR are the views of BLM unrealistic?       I.e.  a mayor has the balancing act of retaining a professional police department with high morale as well as ensuring police abuse is keep at a minimum.     Maybe Bottoms is doing that and it is BLM that expects too much?  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/politics/keisha-lance-bottoms-atlanta-mayor/index.html

20 minutes ago, jakeem said:

kWMTzTP1_bigger.jpg

The teen girl who filmed Floyd’s killing is the "Rosa Parks of her generation," her lawyer tells

Darnella Frazier, 17, was going to the store "and boom" — she witnesses a murder and suffers psychological fallout. She's since relocated.

3:08 PM · Jun 2, 2020·Twitter Web App

In a democracy like the United States one woman  or in this particular case, one girl can make all the difference in the world.

More and more young women and girls are speaking up in the public sphere--

Participating and taking their rightful place of importance and recognition.

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

1iNto07U_bigger.jpg

CNN

Ella Jones becomes the first woman and first black mayor of Ferguson, Missouri.

The result comes nearly six years after the death of black teen in the city set off weeks of nationwide protests and outrage.

2:10 AM · Jun 3, 2020·SocialFlow

Extremely long overdue, but a move definitely in the right direction.

America needs more leadership that is on target, qualified and compassionate.

Leadership by default isn't working in America anymore-- Americans deserve better.

And it looks like they're getting it.

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Extremely long overdue, but a move definitely in the right direction.

America needs more leadership that is on target, qualified and compassionate.

Leadership by default isn't working in America anymore-- Americans deserve better.

And it looks like they're getting it.

If this isn't 'leadership by default' I don't know what is.

Hopefully  she is  "target, qualified and compassionate"   (unlike other Dem mayors of large cities,  as viewed by younger black activist).

On 5/31/2020 at 8:35 PM, Bogie56 said:

Boy Nipkow.  Welcome back.  When Trump was rightfully being lambasted for killing 60,000 plus Americans for doing nothing about the coronavirus you were particularly silent.  

But now that we got the wag the dog tough guy Trump calling for law enforcement you are back in full voice.

Obama just said "lets not excuse violence".

I sure as heck didn't make him say that.

23 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Today CNN is promoting Atlanta mayor Ms. Bottoms as Biden's V.P.  candidate.       Well according to the V.P. of the NAACP Atlanta charter,   there are 5 open cases of police abuse on black men that have been open for over 6 months with no charges filed.   No resolution.     

She seems like a good person, but I'm certainly not a fan of someone reaching the limelight and being pushed for higher office  because of giving a good speech or doing an impressive and telegenic job on one issue at one point in time. 

19 minutes ago, Swithin said:

She seems like a good person, but I'm certainly not a fan of someone reaching the limelight and being pushed for higher office  because of giving a good speech or doing an impressive and telegenic job on one issue at one point in time. 

I'm sure she is a 'good person' but when it comes to ensuring the city's police department abuse cases are resolved in a timely manner,    according to BLM and the Atlanta chapter of the NAACP.     she could do better.      Note that she said: 

You’re not honoring the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. and the Civil Rights movement. You’re not protesting anything running out with brown liquor in your hands and breaking windows in this city. If you want change in America, go and register to vote! Show up at the polls on June 9. Do it in November. That is the change we need in this country.

I assume Bottoms wasn't trying to imply 'vote against me,  since someone else could do better'.

On 6/2/2020 at 3:09 PM, Princess of Tap said:

In a democracy like the United States one woman  or in this particular case, one girl can make all the difference in the world.

More and more young women and girls are speaking up in the public sphere--

Participating and taking their rightful place of importance and recognition.

that's the problem with you liberals. you have no sense of priorities.

George Floyd's death is the main priority and what are you doing?

talking about some fictional future female cinematographer.

so what does that have to do with the injustice of what was done to George Floyd?

NOTHING!

:)

Just now, NipkowDisc said:

that's the problem with you liberals. you have no sense of priorities.

George Floyd's death is the main priority and what are you doing?

talking about some fictional future female cinematographer.

so what does that have to do with the injustice of what was done to George Floyd?

NOTHING!

:)

The 17 year-old girl who took the video of the murder of George Floyd  is a very real high school student.

She was on her way to the store, saw what was going on and stopped to shoot this video.

A video that will and is being shown all over the world. A video that will be used at the trial against the various police officer(s) who murdered the man and are being accused as accessories to his murder.

Without her evidence there would probably be no opportunity for Peace and Justice in this country through utilizing this one case--

from many others--

To make the point of institutionalized racism in American policing.

You can read all about her in the linked article.

BTW-- I'm not a liberal.

One women in power that is taking a beating today is Jackie Lacey,  the first African-American DA of Los Angeles:     The protest in L.A. are now focused on  removing her from office since she has refused to charge some LAPD members for abuse against black suspects.       There just was an election a few weeks ago,  and while she received the most votes she didn't get over 50% so there will be a run-off.      The one she is running against is a progressive white male that has indicated he would NOT prosecute L.A. Citizens for a whole range of crimes and would go after the LAPD.     

Like I've been saying most of the political battles with regards to race in most major cities is between the Dem party establishment and the progressive wing.   At the local level there are few political progressives 'stars'  (e.g. they have name recognition with even 30% of the voters).      I.e. the progressive super-stars are all at the national level like the Squad and Bernie Sanders (who will soon be out of politics).

8 hours ago, Swithin said:

she looks like johnny mathis after a sex change operation.

:D

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

The Speaker of the US House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi will address this burning national issue to bring leadership to a country begging for positive guidance and Correctional Direction.

6 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

The Speaker of the US House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi will address this burning national issue to bring leadership to a country begging for positive guidance and Correctional Direction.

16 minutes ago, jakeem said:

d0Q4voGK_bigger.jpg

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice urged President Trump to take a break from Twitter and focus instead on fostering dialogue with the American people

11:41 AM · Jun 7, 2020·Sprinklr

Unfortunately a Narcissistic Sociopath has no empathy.

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

This former Maryland Congresswoman has an astute observation on what ails the American society.

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

Another woman leading a Metropolis, not like any other City in the United States of America.

A woman who has the courage and the leadership ability to take on the most powerful man in the world who has neither--

courage nor leadership ability.

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

DqKNeMaJ_bigger.jpg

Pelosi indicates today that she has the authority on her own to relocate some of the confederate statues in the Capitol. She has first called on the bipartisan, bicameral Joint Committee on Library to vote to remove the statues from display.

“You start with a feather,” she said

11:58 AM · Jun 11, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

How sad, but oh so true--

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is the only leader in the federal government who stands up for the American people.

This wouldn't be the first time that one woman had the courage to do what was right, when hundreds of men don't have the guts.