Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Women in power-- women take control of their own destinies

26 Feb 2019
Military.com | By Patricia Kime

federal judge's decision Friday that the law requiring men -- but not women -- to register for a U.S. military draft is unconstitutional

A representative for the Service Women's Action Network, an advocacy group for female troops and veterans, said the organization believes the entire system should be abolished. But, added retired Navy Capt. Lory Manning, a SWAN spokeswoman, the group supports Miller's ruling as long as the Selective Service continues to exist.

30 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

DRAFT THE BABES! OUR FIGHTING MEN DESERVE THE BEST

:D

"come and get it while it's hot, guys."

Believe it or not, NYC Hooters Girls' applications are rising

But if you get them pregnant,   use the powers of the law to force them to have a baby.

Yea,  Nipkow,  you're really compassionate!

8 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

Those are the best, huh?

Future unwed mothers.

• Like 1

I agree with it entirely. All citizens of all genders should be expected to care and protect our society.  If a woman can fight and defend her nation then why shouldn't she?

Plato, Republic: "A man and a woman who have a physician's mind (psyche) have the same nature." 

Plato, Republic: "If women are expected to do the same work as men, we must teach them the same things.” 

Plato-quote-f-1024x1024.png

20 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

But if you get them pregnant,   use the powers of the law to force them to have a baby.

Yea,  Nipkow,  you're really compassionate!

Oh, and don't forget that the woman might have to do joint custody with her rapist.

• Haha 1

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020/07/aoc-shellacking-of-rep-ted-yoho-shows-how-little-progress-women-have-made.html

AOC Shellacking of Rep. Ted Yoho Shows How Little Progress Women Have Made

Posted on July 29, 2020 by Yves Smith

Even though Florida Representative Ted Yoho put a target on his back when he had the gall and cluelessness to use the House floor to double down on a cowardly attack on New York Representative Alexandria Ocacio-Cortez on the Capitol steps, I have to confess to being bothered by the acclaim for her speech putting him in his place. It’s been hailed as a model for women. My take is that if women have to be pitch perfect in order to score a win, we’ve made perilous little progress.

1 hour ago, Sukhov said:

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020/07/aoc-shellacking-of-rep-ted-yoho-shows-how-little-progress-women-have-made.html

AOC Shellacking of Rep. Ted Yoho Shows How Little Progress Women Have Made

Posted on July 29, 2020 by Yves Smith

Even though Florida Representative Ted Yoho put a target on his back when he had the gall and cluelessness to use the House floor to double down on a cowardly attack on New York Representative Alexandria Ocacio-Cortez on the Capitol steps, I have to confess to being bothered by the acclaim for her speech putting him in his place. It’s been hailed as a model for women. My take is that if women have to be pitch perfect in order to score a win, we’ve made perilous little progress.

The issue I have with AOC comments was this part "who has no remorse over calling women & using abusive language towards women".

Isn't everyone be treated equally?      I.e. one shouldn't use abusive language towards anyone.     Thus  I would have preferred her to say 'name calling or using abusive language towards any member of Congress'.    To me this makes a strong point.

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The issue I have with AOC comments was this part "who has no remorse over calling women & using abusive language towards women".

Isn't everyone be treated equally?  

How dare you!

Misogyny! Misogyny!

7 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

NOT.  Only Trump and many of his supporters practice that.

You've contracted the derangement too??

That makes me a sad panda. 

55 minutes ago, SadPanda said:

You've contracted the derangement too??

That makes me a sad panda. 

A very Dark Blue Sad Panda.

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, jakeem said:

YLiH4MlA_bigger.jpg

The House speaker reportedly called the White House coronavirus task force member "the worst" in a closed-door meeting.

10:44 AM · Aug 2, 2020·SocialFlow

I wonder what shiny object trump held in front of Dr Deborah Birx to hypnotize her into forgetting the Hippocratic Oath?

On 8/3/2020 at 4:05 AM, jakeem said:

NrRRE0_b_bigger.jpg

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg worked through her fifth bout of cancer to help shape a blockbuster Supreme Court term https://cnn.it/30o12wk

6:17 AM · Aug 3, 2020·SocialFlow

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi

Senator Elizabeth Warren &

Congresswoman Maxine Waters

Are a few good patriotic women who have shown the world how to stand up to bullies, misogynists and white supremacists.

They've shown not just their brilliance, but also their courage.

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

Nancy Pelosi tore into her Republican colleagues for their approach to negotiating the next coronavirus stimulus package: "Perhaps you mistook them for somebody who gives a damn."

11:01 AM · Aug 6, 2020·TweetDeck

Speaker Pelosi and the Democrats in the House of Representatives passed The Heroes Act on May 15th 2020 to alleviate the suffering and hardship for Americans caused by the pandemic.

It would benefit citizens, states and municipalities. The 3 trillion dollar package would also expand unemployment benefits, the much-needed expansion of the Snap program, as well as a second round of the stimulus checks.

Today is August 6th, 2020 and the Republican party has offered nothing to end the suffering and hardship of the American people except --

division, procrastination and a

"We don't give a damn attitude".

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

y6yTzWn6_bigger.png

Democrat Sara Gideon narrowly leads Republican Sen. Susan Collins in Maine, according to a new survey from Quinnipiac University

3:17 PM · Aug 6, 2020·Twitter Web App

Susan is losing.

" So goes Maine....."

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

1feyllch_bigger.jpg

Trump v. Vance Decision Means E. Jean Carroll’s Lawsuit Against President Will Move Forward, Judge Rules

7:43 PM · Aug 6, 2020·Twitter Web App

Her lawsuit against trump for sexual assault and battery is just one of many.

This high school girl has learned in school how to be an assertive woman and stand up for her rights.

But ironically it was the student who was teaching the teachers, the principal and all of the other so-called Educators in her school a lesson in American freedom of speech and democracy.

• Haha 1
On 7/22/2020 at 12:07 PM, NipkowDisc said:

IF there ever is a draft (highly unlikely) better be a 50/50 call up of male and female.

You know that equal rights thing.

4 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

This high school girl has learned in school how to be an assertive woman and stand up for her rights.

But ironically it was the student who was teaching the teachers, the principal and all of the other so-called Educators in her school a lesson in American freedom of speech and democracy.

Guess if she says "lets skip school, who needs it" that will be asserting one's rights. :wacko:

The U.S. Supreme Court has said that students “do not shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech and expression at the school house gate.” ... Though public school students do possess First Amendment freedoms, the courts allow school officials to regulate certain types of student expression.

There is a fundamental distinction between public and private school students under the First Amendment. The First Amendment and the other provisions of the Bill of Rights limit the government from infringing on an individual’s rights. Public school officials act as part of the government and are called state actors. As such, they must act according to the principles in the Bill of Rights. Private schools, however, aren’t arms of the government. Therefore, the First Amendment does not provide protection for students at private schools.

Though public school students do possess First Amendment freedoms, the courts allow school officials to regulate certain types of student expression. For example, school officials may prohibit speech that substantially disrupts the school environment or that invades the rights of others. Many courts have held that school officials can restrict student speech that is lewd.