Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Women in power-- women take control of their own destinies


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Guess if she says "lets skip school, who needs it" that will be asserting one's rights. :wacko:

The U.S. Supreme Court has said that students “do not shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech and expression at the school house gate.” ... Though public school students do possess First Amendment freedoms, the courts allow school officials to regulate certain types of student expression.

 

There is a fundamental distinction between public and private school students under the First Amendment. The First Amendment and the other provisions of the Bill of Rights limit the government from infringing on an individual’s rights. Public school officials act as part of the government and are called state actors. As such, they must act according to the principles in the Bill of Rights. Private schools, however, aren’t arms of the government. Therefore, the First Amendment does not provide protection for students at private schools.

Though public school students do possess First Amendment freedoms, the courts allow school officials to regulate certain types of student expression. For example, school officials may prohibit speech that substantially disrupts the school environment or that invades the rights of others. Many courts have held that school officials can restrict student speech that is lewd.

 I'm all for public school education. I followed it from kindergarten to graduate school.

So, as much as I love education, and as much education as I have,

I still don't think I'd be willing to risk nearly certain death or disability-- and I'm certainly not suicidal, and I'm assuming that you aren't either-- simply to blindly follow what any principal or teacher would force on me.

So the student here is really  speaking out for the survival of herself and her fellow students.

 All Americans have a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. But you can have no Pursuit of anything without life.....

I have respect for everyone who's trying to survive during the covid-19 pandemic.

 Even if they're only a high-school student.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

 I'm all for public school education. I followed it from kindergarten to graduate school.

So, as much as I love education, and as much education as I have,

I still don't think I'd be willing to risk nearly certain death or disability-- and I'm certainly not suicidal, and I'm assuming that you aren't either-- simply to blindly follow what any principal or teacher would force on me.

So the student here is really  speaking out for the survival of herself and her fellow students.

 All Americans have a right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. But you can have no Pursuit of anything without life.....

I have respect for everyone who's trying to survive during the covid-19 pandemic.

 Even if they're only a high-school student.

They will be glad to hear that.

Freedom of choice and expression. (can't pick and choose)

la-me-ra-vaccine-opponents-persistent-20

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hamradio said:

They will be glad to hear that.

Freedom of choice and expression.

la-me-ra-vaccine-opponents-persistent-20

Parents  or Guardians make the final decisions about medical treatment for children who are minors.

You know that, as well as I do.

And as far as some of these photos that you pull off the internet go--

They could very well be actors or models who are simply doing a job for an artistic representation, so that people like you can have fun and pull things off the internet to represent what you're trying to say. But we have no proof here that what you're actually exhibiting is a real event. I'm saying it may be staged.

However,  to return to what you're trying to show,

I certainly can remember when I had to have polio shots and, worse than that I had to have a smallpox vaccination when I was 12. I didn't want to have it. But my parents were in charge and they certainly decided that was going to be the case.

Sometimes a little common sense goes a long ways.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hamradio said:

So students really don't have THAT much power.  Glad you came to the realization, freedoms do have limits / restrictions.

High school students in journalism have the same freedom of speech in terms of what they publish in their high school newspapers, magazines and yearbooks as The New York Times has.

The student could very well be on the school newspaper, or she could be interviewed by the school newspaper reporter or website reporter and she could give her opinion about what she did. Legally she would be able to say anything she wanted to say about the principal, the superintendent and any other teacher.

And any of the editorial writers of the newspaper, magazine or website journal could also give their opinions freely.

They are definitely covered by the First Amendment.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

High school students in journalism have the same freedom of speech in terms of what they publish in their high school newspapers, magazines and yearbooks as The New York Times has.

The student could very well be on the school newspaper, or she could be interviewed by the school newspaper reporter or website reporter and she could give her opinion about what she did. Legally she would be able to say anything she wanted to say about the principal, the superintendent and any other teacher.

And any of the editorial writers of the newspaper, magazine or website journal could also give their opinions freely.

They are definitely covered by the First Amendment.

 

Guess they can say their principal is a ****face **** master.  :wacko::P

Edited by hamradio
Typo
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jakeem said:

NrRRE0_b_bigger.jpg

Judge rules E. Jean Carroll can continue to seek Trump's DNA in defamation suit
 
Image
2:45 AM · Aug 8, 2020·SocialFlow

 

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

E._Jean_PHOTO_bigger.jpg

IT'S ON!! See you in court, @realDonaldTrump!
 
12:04 PM · Aug 7, 2020·Twitter Web App

Tenacity, strength, courage, and last but never least, the money to be able to afford lawyers to compete with trump's.

E. Jean Carroll has all of this.

It's no wonder that trump's long time chief mouthpiece, Michael Cohen, was threatened with an illegal return to imprisonment when he decided to come clean and write a book about all he knows about the illegal dealings of trump.

Bahrs. DOJ was trying to put Cohen in in a covid-19 prison for good, a certain death sentence.

Cohen's upcoming book well cap off a trilogy of insiders who are exposing the stupidity, and alleged crimes in business and in federal government of trump.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jakeem said:

iv53EUUj_bigger.jpg

Joe Biden's selection of Kamala Harris as his running mate is being hailed as "a moment of pride" in India.
 
Harris' mother was a Hindu whose family hails from Tamil Nadu, a state in southern India.
 
9:15 PM · Aug 12, 2020·SocialFlow
 

This is a special moment of pride for India and for women of color all over the world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jakeem said:

y6yTzWn6_bigger.png

Breaking: Speaker Nancy Pelosi and House Democratic leaders will bring the House back in session this week to deal with recent concerns about the U.S. Postal Service, she announced Sunday evening
 
6:47 PM · Aug 16, 2020·Hootsuite 

Americans are not going to tolerate trump trying to destroy the US Postal Service.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2020 at 10:29 AM, Princess of Tap said:

 

Tenacity, strength, courage, and last but never least, the money to be able to afford lawyers to compete with trump's.

E. Jean Carroll has all of this.

It's no wonder that trump's long time chief mouthpiece, Michael Cohen, was threatened with an illegal return to imprisonment when he decided to come clean and write a book about all he knows about the illegal dealings of trump.

Bahrs. DOJ was trying to put Cohen in in a covid-19 prison for good, a certain death sentence.

Cohen's upcoming book well cap off a trilogy of insiders who are exposing the stupidity, and alleged crimes in business and in federal government of trump.

she also looks like she has anemia.

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

B

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

omWV1cZs_bigger.jpg

The Michigan Court of Appeals has upheld Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's unilateral emergency actions to combat COVID-19, denying a legal challenge brought by the GOP-controlled state Legislature.
 
12:30 PM · Aug 21, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Female leadership in states across the country and in countries across the world have fought hard to be logical and medically sound in their political strategic-management during the covid-19 pandemic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jakeem said:

4YG-IG80_bigger.jpg

PELOSI on today's Postal Service bill: "We will pass the bill and it will be in a bipartisan way, and then we will send it to the Senate."
 
So far, at least one R - John Katko from competitive NY district - has said he'll vote with Democrats.
 
12:24 PM · Aug 22, 2020·TweetDeck

 

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

 

 When Mary Trump said trump has led an institutionalized life,

what she means is that he knows nothing of the ordinary and everyday things that we deal with on a daily basis.

trump has no comprehension of how fundamental the US Postal Service is to the average American citizen.

But I'm betting that he will soon find out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jakeem said:

iv53EUUj_bigger.jpg

The Susan B. Anthony Museum has rejected President Trump's pardon of Anthony.
 
The museum's director said the best way to honor Anthony would be to take a clear stance against voter suppression — and to advocate for human rights for all.
 
9:35 PM · Aug 20, 2020·SocialFlow

 

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

_oEEIsvx_bigger.jpg

NPR
 
Opinion: President Trump's posthumous pardon of Susan B. Anthony has dismayed some of those who know the most about her story.
 
"A pardon says you've done something wrong," one scholar says. "Susan didn't think a woman voting was wrong."
 
2:01 PM · Aug 22, 2020·SocialFlow

One of America's greatest feminists slaps down a misogynist president from the grave.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jakeem said:

omWV1cZs_bigger.jpg

NY Attorney General Letitia James: "They have stalled, withheld documents, and instructed witnesses, including Eric Trump, to refuse to answer questions under oath. That's why we've filed a motion to compel the Trump Organization to comply ... These questions will be answered."
 
2:30 PM · Aug 24, 2020·TweetDeck
 

 

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

R5k2b7qT_bigger.jpg

Nothing will stop us from following the facts and the law, wherever they may lead.
 
These questions will be answered and the truth will be uncovered, because no one is above the law.
 
1:31 PM · Aug 24, 2020·Twitter Web App

 "No one is above the law."

N Y Attorney General Letitia James

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jakeem said:

US Senator Tammy Duckworth is a veteran of the Iraq War.

She served as a Lieutenant Colonel in the US Army.

Senator Duckworth is a double amputee, having lost both legs in combat.

As a senator and as a veteran and as a double amputee from combat, she has every right--

And a duty --

to criticize and denounce

trump's denigration of the sacrifices that American military women and men have made.

*Expand above to see what Senator Duckworth says about  trump's cowardice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jakeem said:

Democratic Vice Presidential nominee--

California Senator Kamala Harris-

will be leading the Senate judicial  confirmation hearing for trump's Supreme Court nominee.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...