Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Information Please

teri53

Please some have got to tell me the name of this movie and where I can find it!!!

It was years ago, I was young and I remember seeing this movie years ago, and I have not seen it again since. The movie is black and white and set in the late 40s or early 50s the scene began with a family moving into a new town, for some reason the townspeople did not welcome them, or liked the idea of them being there, I'm fuzzy on this part, but later on a storm came washed out the bridge the parents could not get to their children and all the children had to stay at this family's home. They were all coming back from a picnic, boyscouts event, or some type of outing and when they arrived at the house, the mother counted the children, and found this boy was missing and he was lost in the garden or park near the house, he had gotten scared and hid there but got caught on the branches of a rose bush, because he wore leg braces. the father went out and found him and brought him back.

I think I remember the children sitting on the stairs and they were singing, and of course when the storm was over the next day all was well with townspeople and the family was now welcomed. This is all I remember, I thought it was "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream Home" or something about a new home, but I am told that it was not Mr. Blandings Build His Dream House because this family had two girls and I think a son, but I am not sure if they had this house built, and I seem to think the father, the lead character was played by Cary Grant.

Please! Please! Please! can someone help me I know I saw this movie and it was a very moving, sweet, amusing and touching

thanks for your help

teri53

Yes, these 2 titles sounds like one of them could be it!! I'm going to try to find a place to order it. IMdb did not have a trailer, so I couldn't see part of it, but I'm on the hunt now that I have something to go on.

Thank you, So much!! DI

teri53

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings