Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Requesting information on Niven/Brando "Bedtime Story" (1964)

Ryzzaq

I have always enjoyed this movie, but have not seen it for years. I expect that I will not because it is no longer in release in NTSC format. Is this movie owned by a party outside the US? Does TCM have access to show it? ever? The movie "dirty rotten scoundrels" was an OK remake, but not even close to the sophistication that Niven and Brando gave "Bedtime Story". Any information on the status of this file would be much appreciated.

Universal distributed the film and apparently had a hand in the production with Brando's Pennebaker Productions and another company, according to IMDb. Universal still had the rights to issue a videotape of Bedtime Story in 1994. If Universal still retains the home-video rights, the problem might be the company's general reluctance to reissue many of its old films on DVD.

TCM licenses a few films from Universal and could air this film, if there are no legal snafus. It couldn't hurt to use the "suggest a movie" button above and ask TCM to show it.

Bedtime Story is a 1964 comedy film made by Pennebaker Productions, The Lankershim Company and Universal Pictures. It was directed by Ralph Levy and produced by Stanley Shapiro with Robert Arthur as executive producer from a screenplay by Stanley Shapiro and Paul Henning. The music score was by Hans J. Salter and the cinematography by Clifford Stine.

The film was remade in 1988 as Dirty Rotten Scoundrels with Steve Martin, Michael Caine and Glenne Headly.

This movie, very unfortunately, is out of print. The only "brand new" DVD version of it that you can get is from some outfit out of England that made a pretty crappy copy of it, according to the reviews I read on Amazon UK. And by the way you can buy that version of it cheaper on that website.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings