Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Celebs You Might Not Realize Have Died

Many of those died years ago and I remember when their deaths happened and were mentioned.  There's a few in there I've never heard of though.  But not really their deaths, but THEM.

I don't give much if any celebrity credence to anyone dubbed a YouTube "star".  So I'm not missing them

Sepiatone

14 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Many of those died years ago and I remember when their deaths happened and were mentioned.  There's a few in there I've never heard of though.  But not really their deaths, but THEM.

I don't give much if any celebrity credence to anyone dubbed a YouTube "star".  So I'm not missing them

Sepiatone

I always fall for these stupid videos when I have some errands or housework to do that I'm trying to avoid.

And ironically, whoever they hook you in with,  you never end up seeing. These types of videos are usually populated with a lot of "stars" from the 80s and 90s that you never knew existed anyway. Now I really have to go and wash the dishes.

• Like 1

That's why its called click bait. They just want you to go to the page by any means necessary. They want you to see the ads so they can get money. Don't fall for it.

They really disgusting ones say things like "You won't believe what she looks like now !" Thinking people will fall for some sort of freak show.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, GGGGerald said:

That's why its called click bait. They just want you to go to the page by any means necessary. They want you to see the ads so they can get money. Don't fall for it.

They really disgusting ones say things like "You won't believe what she looks like now !" Thinking people will fall for some sort of freak show.

LOL. They also use words like "mind blowing" or "all time best" too.

• Haha 1

And too, often when checking for birthdays( for another forum) and musicians with certain names, I check a site that lists ALL "famous" people with that name and often too, see many designated as "YouTube star", "instagram star" and such.

I just don't GET that.  That someone can become some kind of "star" by posting limited appeal crap on some "social media" website or phone "app".  That's worse than handing out trophies for just showing up.

Sepiatone

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

And too, often when checking for birthdays( for another forum) and musicians with certain names, I check a site that lists ALL "famous" people with that name and often too, see many designated as "YouTube star", "instagram star" and such.

I just don't GET that.  That someone can become some kind of "star" by posting limited appeal crap on some "social media" website or phone "app".  That's worse than handing out trophies for just showing up.

Sepiatone

It's about on the same level of reality TV stars. I never was very good at math but I always remember this one term:

the lowest common denominator.

That's where most Network television and these cable reality shows have fallen to-- Duck Dynasty and Kardashians. I've never seen any of this myself but I've heard about it and have seen tabloid photos in the grocery store. But if it makes money...

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

That's where most Network television and these cable reality shows have fallen to-- Duck Dynasty and Kardashians.

Reality tv is such a misnomer. Nothing there is real, its all scripted. None of those people live as they do on tv.  

The ONLY "reality" in those shows is the level of stupidity.  But I don't dismiss all of them.

AMERICAN PICKERS and PAWN STARS are supposedly "reality" TV shows that I like to watch.  But my focus is mainly the items found by the Pickers and that people bring into the pawn shop.  Sure, that too might all be set-ups, but interesting items nonetheless. 

Sepiatone

• 2 weeks later...

I was friends with Lyn Wilde, who was one half of a twin act called the Wilde Twins. You can see the Wilde Twins in Andy Hard's Blonde Trouble, Till the Clouds Roll By, Campus Honeymoon, and Twice Blessed. When Lee Wilde quit the movies, Lyn continued on and made additional twins. Among her solo films, you can see her in Singin' in the Rain as the tennis player during the "Beautiful Girl" sequence. She died in 2016, almost a year to the day of her sister's passing beforehand. I miss her very much. You can read my article about her here: https://home2hollywood.wordpress.com/editorials/the-wilde-ones-the-twin-careers-of-lyn-and-lee-wilde/

• Like 1