Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Choose 10 Cable Channels...

Metropolisforever

Okay, so your local cable company really likes you as a customer, and they give you a strange, but great offer. They offer you a choice of any 10 cable channels, including local channels, for only $1.00 per channel (making your price $10.00 per month).

So, you take the offer, but after you choose your ten channels, what does your channel line-up look like?

List the ten you would choose, and remember that it can be any ten channels!

This is only for fun.

This sounds fun. First, I'll be surprised if anyone here chooses TCM as one of their choices.

My choices:

1. TCM

2. Fox News Channel

3. Sci-Fi Channel

4. History Channel

5. Cartoon Network

6. C-SPAN 2

7. A&E

8. USA

9. KYW (CBS)

10. FOX

Maybe trade two of those for PBS and BET. I've left out the Premium channels like HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, TMC, etc, because I've never had them, so i can't judge.

I thought I would have trouble narrowing the list down to ten until I thought about it ... then I had trouble choosing that many when I realized how much garbage is on my cable system! So here goes:

TCM

ESPN

ESPN Classic

YES (The YES Network)

FOX News Channel

CNN

The History Channel

The Discovery Channel

The Weather Channel

National Geographic Channel

Every couple of years, State legistators get bills that offer true competition and true customer selection for that Dollar-A-Month-Per-Channel, and it's always dumped, never giving us real choice. I wish it would happen!

TCM would be my first choice. Some of the Discovery channels, Nat'l Geogs, some of the Encore Movie Channels (old actions, old westerns, etc.).

I could probably get by with 10 channels, yes. I think I actually may flip thru 12 or 14 during any week, but I only watch - for more than a few moments at any one time - TCM and a few sporting events.

But instead of getting $100 a month or more, the cable providers would then see REAL consumer choice in action, and their bureaucracy couldn't be supported by real consumer choice any more than our gov't could be if we were allowed to vote for true issues. They know we wouldn't put up with gov't crap if we were allowed to have a real democracy.

My top 10 Channels I think would be, I think,:

1. TCM, 2. HGTV ,3. FineLiving 4. DIY, 5. History Channel, 6. Biography, 7. Hallmark, 8. ?, 9. ? 10. ? Guess what? With over 250 channels I couldn't come up with Favorite Channels..

Of course thats taking off the sports and news channels I don't watch to begin with..

1. TCM

2. HGTV

3. FineLiving

4. DIY

5. History Channel

6. Biography

7. Hallmark

8. ?

9. ?

10. ? Guess what? With over 250 channels I couldn't come up with Favorite Channels..

Of course thats taking off the sports and news channels I don't watch to begin with..

3. FineLiving

4. DIY

5. History Channel

6. Biography

7. Hallmark

8. ?

9. ?

10. ? Guess what? With over 250 channels I couldn't come up with Favorite Channels..

1. TCM

2. HGTV

3. FineLiving

4. DIY

5. History Channel

6. Biography

7. Hallmark

8. ?

9. ?

Message was edited by: kennethlawson

1. TCM, 2. HGTV ,3. FineLiving 4. DIY, 5. History Channel, 6. Biography, 7. Hallmark, 8. ?, 9. ? 10. ? Guess what? With over 250 channels I couldn't come up with Favorite Channels..

Sorry for the manageled posts, folks, Heres the list again maybe this time I can get it to post, With me Hallmark is for MASH...My top 10 Channels I think would be, I think,:

1. TCM, 2. HGTV ,3. FineLiving 4. DIY, 5. History Channel, 6. Biography, 7. Hallmark, 8. ?, 9. ? 10. ? Guess what? With over 250 channels I couldn't come up with 10 Favorite Channels..

1. TCM, 2. HGTV ,3. FineLiving 4. DIY, 5. History Channel, 6. Biography, 7. Hallmark, 8. ?, 9. ? 10. ? Guess what? With over 250 channels I couldn't come up with 10 Favorite Channels..

This should be easy enough. There aren't many good ones. I'd want several news networks, so I could flip back and forth. TCM. IFC. Sundance. I like the Cartoon Network. Comedy Central. TVLAND doesn't have much. But it's worth a look once in a while. I've never had the more specialized ones. I might like those too.

At a dollar a channel, this is a good deal. I'd like to see it happen.

Ok folks, one more time for my list on 10 favorite channels; 1. TCM, 2. HGTV, 3. FineLiving, 4. DIY, 5. History, 6. Biography, 7. Hallmark, {For MASH, and general good family programing), 8. Discovery channels in general, 9. ? 10? Al lot depends on whats on at the time and what I have on my dvr...lol Agin, sorry for the mangled posts last night..

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings