Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
1nonblonde

Old movie I can't remember the name

I have been trying to remember the name of an old movie I saw once.  It was black and white.  I watched it on a Sunday morning around 1992 - 1993.  I believe it was centered around WW2 or just after.  The plot was basically an enemy dictator was smuggled into the US for plastic surgery and a new identity.  I remember a female heroine who discovers the plot.   She stumbles upon a surgical arena about the time of the surgery and realizes the terrible scheme.  Help!! I have a brain for useless trivia and it's bothering me I can't remember this.

Thanks in advance,

1nonblonde

I' ve been wondering what this movie is myself......I remember that the guy says he is relieved to now be anonymous and it was a weird way to get it. Isn't that the movie with the sobbing nightclub singer?

'Dark Passage' is the most famous flick with plastic surgery.

'Key Largo' had the sobbing nightclub singer.

Both, Bogart films.

If you remove the 'enemy dictator' I would guess 'Key Largo'. Edward G. Robinson plays the escaping gangland kingpin who is fleeing the USA anonymously. No surgery though.