Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blueyedblonde1956

Name the movie - 2 clues

Next:

Clue #1:  The female star & one of the male stars of this movie were Oscar winners for a film they co-starred in.

Clue #2:  This was the third and final film together for the two male stars.

7 minutes ago, blueyedblonde1956 said:

The deep? No?..okay that's a tough one could I get a hint on the year..or another clue perhaps I am stumped..?..lol..what genre?

I thought this would be a pretty easy one, blueyedblonde.  Since I just posted this, I'd like to see if there are any other answers before I give out another hint.

Clue #3:  One of the male stars of this film was anxious to do it because his father had been an oil rigger and he himself had worked on oil rigs in Oklahoma before becoming an actor.

it was my favorite movie when I was 9 years old-- Boomtown starring Claudette Colbert and Clark Gable. And Spencer Tracy.

Clark Gable's dad had been an oil rigger.

And if you look closely in the credits, you can see Mickey Rooney's dad-- billed under Joe Yule.

*(The local KCMO-CBS affiliate that showed the late shows only showed 2 Clark Gable movies and San Francisco was the other one--with Spencer Tracy too!)

1) This movie is based on a European play.

2) The two stars were famously involved in a love triangle.

Wow I never would hv guessed it and I actually saw the movie a few weeks ago

Boomtown..I am very impressed. So we'll done Starlite! 

Just to add my favorite movie at age 9 was Alfred Hitchcocks

"THE BIRDS"! LOL

8 hours ago, blueyedblonde1956 said:

Wow I never would hv guessed it and I actually saw the movie a few weeks ago

Boomtown..I am very impressed. So we'll done Starlite! 

Just to add my favorite movie at age 9 was Alfred Hitchcocks

"THE BIRDS"! LOL

Blue-- I wanted to see The  Birds at that time, but my mother thought Hitchcock would scare me too much. You were lucky to get to go!

3rd Clue: This classic movie was adapted into a Broadway Musical hit.

Actually I saw it at home on a bl/white tv in my bedroom lol..and i was so scared i covered my mirrors drew the drapes and hid under the covers all that night!  I never told mum and dad..they never wanted me watching the african queen but i hid under the diningroom table. Nothing scary about that movie. I think it was the exorcist that did a number on me at 19 yrs old was seeing and sensing things for wks afterwards.

New quiz..princess.??

I am new back on here 3 clues..hv no idea I thought that movie was already guessed by u..Boomtown. .If I u posted a new quiz I sure don't see it?? Musicals I do not know I only saw that clue #3..edited I saw the 2 other clues but I guess I am outta my league on this.I don't care for musicals so hv little knowledge of them sorry lol.

I was hoping for easier fun quizzes this is to complicated for me..lol

This is not a musical. I just said that someone adapted it into a musical for Broadway as a clue.

Go back and look at the first two Clues and you might have an idea.

The way these questions work is that anyone can answer, and you don't have to try to answer each one yourself.

Some of these other threads are alphabetical or numerical; you might like to try one of those.

Is it "A Doll's House" premiered in Copenhagen in 1879 had several movie adaptations, including a silent version in 1922  and in 1973 with Claire Bloom and Anthony Hopkins. It was then  adapted into a musical "A Doll's Life" with lyrics and book by Comden and Green?

2 hours ago, marcar said:

Is it "A Doll's House" premiered in Copenhagen in 1879 had several movie adaptations, including a silent version in 1922  and in 1973 with Claire Bloom and Anthony Hopkins. It was then  adapted into a musical "A Doll's Life" with lyrics and book by Comden and Green?

Marcar--

I'M thinking of a different movie that was made during the Golden Era.

However, if you cover all the criteria then, obviously, there's more than one answer to the question.

So I will re- direct you to verify the criteria that the two stars were famously involved in a love triangle-- this means that it wasn't a secret and that it is a well-known story to any Aficionado of the Golden Era. 

On 11/29/2017 at 11:38 PM, Princess of Tap said:

1) This movie is based on a European play.

2) The two stars were famously involved in a love triangle.

On 11/30/2017 at 6:42 PM, Princess of Tap said:

3rd Clue: This classic movie was adapted into a Broadway Musical hit.

After you identify the movie and it's two stars, please name the adapted Broadway musical hit--

And one  Brownie point if you can name the Third movie star in that "Torrid" Love Triangle.