Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, everyone!

I've been debating for a while whether TCM Backlot was really worth it for me, and while the contests and archive footage both sound great to me, I had decided that I wasn't going to invest in it because the subscription wouldn't really affect my life on a daily basis. However, I just found out that apparently there are different classic film loving chapters all around the US that schedule events? I live in the Tampa/St. Petersburg, FL area and I think it would be really fun to connect with other old Hollywood fans, and I think that it would make the price of the subscription worth it.

My question is, is there any way to find out where the closest TCM Backlot Chapter is and to find out what they do and how active they are before I actually subscribe? I tried looking on social media and the closest I found was in Miami, which is still pretty far from me.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

There's a section of the Message Boards devoted to TCM Backlot Local Chapters:

http://forums.tcm.com/forum/152-tcm-backlot-local-chapters/

Scan through the threads to see if there's one in your area. If not, you may wish to start one yourself. You don't necessarily have to run things, as someone else in your area may step up if they see that a chapter is starting up. Asking other chapters how to start one and what activities to organize would also be a good idea.