Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Christmas movies you'd like (or dread) to see.


Recommended Posts

A Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Christmas.  Rita Repulsa commandeers all the Rangers' action figures in a bid to drain them of their economic power, but when a little girl with the last one on Earth voluntarily gives it to her, it breaks the evil crust on her heart, allowing the inner good one to come out and appreciate the true meaning of Christmas, and they all have a party.

Andrew Lloyd Webber's Christmas: The Musical.  Baby Jesus rocks out with the three Magettes as backup in this all star spectacle with songs we loved from the smash stage production, like "What's in the Manger?" "Born to be a King," and "Star in My Eye."

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

Andrew Lloyd Webber's Christmas: The Musical.  Baby Jesus rocks out with the three Magettes as backup in this all star spectacle with songs we loved from the smash stage production, like "What's in the Manger?" "Born to be a King," and "Star in My Eye."

Anyone remember the last time we CARED about whether Andrew Lloyd Webber made a musical?

(Or, wait, didn't we already ask that when we found out Sunset Boulevard was going to get a movie?  I remember being the only one who'd heard of "Phantom II: Love Never Dies".)

And if this's supposed to be a Jesus Christ Superstar joke, dear gods, you're old.   :blink:  Nobody even remembers Norman Jewison messing it up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never cared much for Webber.  I recall commenting to a woman who was at a Christmas party held by the company we were wedding photographers for that mentioned she had gone to see some production called "The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber"  that I was surprised to learn that Webber ever bothered writing music.

Anyway.....all the Christmas movies I would dread have already been made.  It's Christmas TV SPECIALS that I would dread that come to mind.....

Like, "The JAY-Z, EMINEM CHRISTMAS RAP"!  w/ special guest SNOOP DOGG as SANSHIZZLE CLAUZ.  or....

"A VERY KARDASHIAN KRISTMAS".

 

Sepiatone

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Christmas movies I would dread to see...

Christmas-With-The-Kranks-Worst-Christma

elf.gif

Ham, you should break down and watch Elf one day.

Ya see, while I'm no Will Ferrell fan at all, this movie is actually pretty cute and entertaining.

(...and perhaps the very reason IMDb rates the thing a fairly good 6.9/10)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Elf.

I'm actually less of a fan of A Christmas Carol and all its iterations.  I don't know why.  The only Christmas Carol that I really like is A Muppet Christmas Carol.  Of all the classic Christmas stories, A Christmas Carol is boring. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

like A Christmas Carol, mostly the '51 filmed version.  But....

The CHRISTMAS CAROL I really like is "The girl with the patent leather shoes". ;)

Especially when High school classmate Wanda Paoletti was her at the local SEARS store one Christmas season.  :wub:

Sepiatone

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2017 at 6:50 PM, EricJ said:

Anyone remember the last time we CARED about whether Andrew Lloyd Webber made a musical?

(Or, wait, didn't we already ask that when we found out Sunset Boulevard was going to get a movie?  I remember being the only one who'd heard of "Phantom II: Love Never Dies".)

And if this's supposed to be a Jesus Christ Superstar joke, dear gods, you're old.   :blink:  Nobody even remembers Norman Jewison messing it up.

Finally someone else who thinks Andrew Lloyd Webber is overrated. Love Never Dies is literally "phan-fiction" on crack. And don't even get me started on the fact that this man had the audacity to write a musical version of that Jack Black "masterpiece," "School of Rock." Does he just not even care anymore? Or did he ever care, for that matter?  

Not to mention, there are several individuals who believe he is a borderline plagiarist. I mean, the vamp of the "Phantom of the Opera" title song is almost identical to that of Pink Floyd's 1971 hit, "Echoes." 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2017 at 8:08 PM, NickAndNora34 said:

Finally someone else who thinks Andrew Lloyd Webber is overrated. Love Never Dies is literally "phan-fiction" on crack. And don't even get me started on the fact that this man had the audacity to write a musical version of that Jack Black "masterpiece," "School of Rock." Does he just not even care anymore? Or did he ever care, for that matter?  

School of Rock was basically Paramount trying to get into the corporate-marketing "Studios on Broadway" game that Disney, Universal and Miramax have gotten into (basically crushing the previous generation of real Broadway musicals), but as for why Webber deigned to write it...?

And while Phantom II is not "literally" on crack, twenty-years-outdated gushy-fangirl Phan-Fiction is about the best way to describe the big-highlight "Beneath a Moonless Sky" money-song from the show.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2017 at 8:14 PM, hamradio said:

Christmas movies I would dread to see...

Christmas-With-The-Kranks-Worst-Christma

Christmas with the Kranks is one of the worst Christmas movies ever. DO NOT waste your time. (You have been warned.)

I may get a lot of flak for this, but I dread watching It's a Wonderful Life with my family every year. I like Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed a lot, but it's more of a chore for me to watch a Christmas movie every year that I get bored of after awhile. I'm more of a Christmas Vacation and Elf kind of girl myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2017 at 8:44 AM, Sepiatone said:

Anyway.....all the Christmas movies I would dread have already been made.  It's Christmas TV SPECIALS that I would dread that come to mind.....

Like, "The JAY-Z, EMINEM CHRISTMAS RAP"!  w/ special guest SNOOP DOGG as SANSHIZZLE CLAUZ.  or....

"A VERY KARDASHIAN KRISTMAS".

 

Sepiatone

While we're on the subject of Christmas specials, I'd love to see That Malcolm in the Middle Christmas Show. Malcolm (Frankie Muniz) and his family are supposed to go to a ski lodge in Canada, but their car breaks down outside of Eric Forman's (Topher Grace) house. Due to the car breaking down and a major snowstorm, the family is forced to spend Christmas with Eric and his friends (who are all snowed in) in Point Place. As a fan of Malcolm in the Middle, I wish this was made when Malcolm and That 70's Show were still on the air.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to say I would dread seeing "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" from 1964, starring Pia Zadora but the truth is that someone gave it to me last year for Christmas, so I have already suffered.


I will say I think Pia Zadora is a lot more entertaining than Taylor Swift though...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Inspired by the recent story that Netflix is making a new Christmas project with Kurt Russell as Santa Claus:

John Carpenter's The Christmas Thing - It's been 35 years since RJ. MacReady (Russell) and his fellow Antarctic station workers were attacked by a shape-shifting creature from outer space. When a group of 12 explorers discover a primitively constructed dwelling in the snowy wilderness, they find a sole occupant: MacReady, miraculously still alive although grown older, with a flowing white beard. MacReady seems very happy to see the new comers, and when one comments that he looks like Santa Claus with his white beard, MacReady let's out a "Ho!Ho!Ho!"and invites the explorers to sit on his lap and tell him what they want for Christmas. Only there's something not quite right about that look in his eye...

Kurt-Russell-Santa-Claus-Christmas-Netfl

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Megadeath Nutcracker:  Gonna Crack Your Nuts.  Clara is a leather girl with attitude.  After dusting the Rat King Chopper Gang with chains and pipes, she straps her boy-cracker to the seat of her hog and takes off for a biker convention in Vegas where she's installed as queen and judge of a dance-off to the death.

 

(dread)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:14 PM, hamradio said:

Christmas movies I would dread to see...

Christmas-With-The-Kranks-Worst-Christma

elf.gif

Who can take seriously the ludicrous apparel and footwear of Kris Kringle and the elfs? And why have pagan elves taken the place of angels in the Christmas of the USA?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mozart1791 said:

Who can take seriously the ludicrous apparel and footwear of Kris Kringle and the elfs? And why have pagan elves taken the place of angels in the Christmas of the USA?

Because us pagan rule!   :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...