Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clarklk

Minneapolis/St. Paul local chapter

Twin Cities Misfits it is! 

Clark, if you want to email me your email address (see my post from yesterday), I can submit our group.  My understanding of the form is that I need to submit information for 5 people to establish the group, rather than have each of us send it individually.  

Hello All,

Speaking of the Trylon Cinema... this weekend it will be showing "The Killing", a 1956 crime/noir movie directed by Stanley Kubrick.

In April they will be showing a series of Ava Gardner movies.
Mon Apr 2. The Barefoot Contess
Sun Apr 8. The Killers
Sun Apr 15. On The Beach
Sun Apr 22. The Great Sinner
Sun Apr 29. Pandora and the Flying Dutchman

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yay!  I just submitted the form for Twin Cities Misfits chapter!  The auto response sent said they'd get back with more info soon.  

That line up at the Trylon sounds awesome.  I doubt I'll be able to make it on 4/2, but I'd love to see The Barefoot Contessa on the big screen.  I've meant to watch it for a long time.  I watched the Killers as part of Summer of Noir and it was great.  So many movies, so little time ;-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our chapter is now listed on the backlot site!! 

New members can sign up through the backlot site by clicking on the hyperlink there or by emailing our address 

tcmisfitsbacklot@gmail.com  

The chapter will be going to the TCM Big Screen Classic showing of Grease on 4/8 at 2:00 at Emagine Willow Creek (off highway 169 just south of highway 55). 

If you have questions, post here or email tcmisfitsbacklot@gmail.com  

(We haven't all gotten together yet, so don't fear being the newbie to the group.  We're all newbies!)

• Like 1

It's kind of exciting to see the chapter on the list!  Thanks for letting us know.

If you're in the Twin Cities area and are interested in our backlot chapter, we're going to the 2:00 showing of Grease at Emagine Willow Creek tomorrow (Sun 4/8).  You should be able to enter the lobby/concession area without a ticket if you want to stop by and check us out!  Look for my backlot shirt, I'll be there around 1:00.  We're all just getting acquainted so feel free to join in.

Questions?  Reply here or to tcmisfitsbacklot@gmail.com 

Hello Twin City Misfits! (TCM Backlot Classic Film Fans); How was the "Grease" showing this past Sunday?  I hope everyone had a good time and enjoyed the picture.   I messed up and didn't make it to the theater to see it with the rest of the group... :(

It's going to be showing again this coming Saturday at our theater, EMAGINE WILLOW CREEK, 9900 Shelard Pkwy, Plymouth, 2pm.  If anyone else from the group goes also, please say hello.  I'll be wearing my TCM shirt.
-  Clark

Hi Clark, I went to the designated TCMisfits theater, Emagine Willow Creek theater. I saw Ellen, but as we waited no one else showed. Possibly the snow kept some of us away. I did not stay for the movie, I was just there to meet some new faces and to see how the FREE tickets work. All in all, it was great to chit chat with Ellen again, and I can't wait to meet you and more of our TCMisfits, at the Emagine Willow Creek theater, in May for the showing of SUNSET BLVD. :) Have a GREAT weekend!

• Thanks 1

Hello TCMisfits!  I wanted to remind everyone that one week from today, Sunday April 22, Trylon Cinema will be showing "The Great Sinner", at 3pm.  It's part of Trylon's Ava Gardner series, and also stars Gregory Peck and Melvyn Douglas.  I don't recall ever seeing it, or even hearing of it, but I'm hoping I get a chance to see it at the Trylon next Sunday.

Be careful in the snowl!! 

- Clark

• Like 1

I have not heard of this movie either. My daughter says she watched it in her Film Studies II class. Sounds like a good movie. I will    TRY     to be there. Either way I will let you know by Friday :) 

Having too much fun in the 5ft snow drifts :P

Hi Clark, sorry to say I will be unable to attend "The Great Sinner" with you today. If you do see the movie please let us know how it went. 

Have a GREAT TIME! :)

Did anyone meet up at Trylon?  If so let us know!  

I just got back from the TCM Film Festival.  Lotsa movies and panel discussions!  It was such a good time.  13 movies in 3 days.  To get a taste, you can watch a bunch of the panel discussions from previous years on the backlot website under the TCM Festival and Cruise drop down.  I don't know when this year's discussions will be there, but I hope to catch a lot of what I missed online!

One very generous fan from Portland(?) printed out public domain movie posters as postcards to share with other fans at the festival.  He was kind enough to give me a stack of them to share with our chapter. I'll bring them on the 13th for Sunset Blvd!!!

We have another 5 members who want to join our chapter.  Yay! Can't wait to get together!  

• Like 1

I went to the Trylon on Sunday the 22nd, to see "The Great Sinner", with Gregory Peck and Ava Gardner.  I didn't see anyone else there from our chapter.  I thought it was a pretty good movie, I'm glad I'd gotten a chance to see it.

This coming Sunday, May 6, the Trylon is showing "Irma La Douce" at 3pm, and "Some Like It Hot" at 6pm.

It's a great weekend for movies!  There's Laurel & Hardy festival at the Heights on Sunday (looks like it's sold out), Ingmar Bergman at St. Anthony Main, Gilda and Battle of Algiers at the Trylon.  PLUS our chapter will meet for The Producers at Emagine Willow Creek Theater (169 & Betty Crocker Blvd) on Sunday 6/3.  We'll meet ~ 1:00 prior to the 2:00 showing.  Join us if you can!

Mad About Musicals?  Have you enrolled in the June course?  http://musicals.tcm.com/?ecid=MusicalsMOOC_300x250_Apr_2018  It starts June 3. 

There's a second TCM Big Screen Event in June, West Side Story on 6/24.  June will be a fun month!

Hello, hello!  It's almost time for the bonus June TCM Big Screen Event!  Our chapter will meet for West Side Story at Emagine Willow Creek Theater (160 & Betty Crocker Blvd) this Sunday 6/24.  As usual we'll meet ~ 1:00, movie at 2:00.  Hope you can make it! Chapter wannabes welcome :)

I'm also excited for Only Angels Have Wings at the Trylon next weekend (6/29 - 7/1).  The Trylon shows great classic movies in a small theater, a great way to see them.  www.trylon.org  If you're interested in seeing it, let me know and maybe we can coordinate.  The Heights also has some great RKO titles coming up www.heightstheater.com

• Like 1