Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clarklk

Minneapolis/St. Paul local chapter

Hello! True Grit is up next as the Big Screen Classic on 5/5.  The movie is at 1:00 and the Twin Cities backlot chapter is gathering around 12:00 at Emagine Willow Creek - off 169 and Betty Crocker Blvd/Shelard Parkway.  We'll be in the lobby behind the ticket counter - look for our backlot banner and lots of chatter! Hope to see you then.

Ellen

Hello!  Just as the weather turns tolerable, we'll be inside the theater to see Glory! It's tomorrow, 7/21 at 1:00.  As always we'll gather in the lobby behind the ticket counter around noon at Emagine Willow Creek off 169 and Betty Crocker Blvd/Shelard Parkway.  Look for the Backlot banner and a lot of excited folks talking movies.  Join us if you're able.

Ellen

Yikes! Sorry I haven't checked here recently, but yes, there's a local group of Twin Cities movie lovers!  @Welshie55 do contact me at tcmisfitsbacklot@gmail.com

Ellen

We're going to The Shawshank Redemption tomorrow 9/22!  The movie is at 4:00 and we'll meet around 3:00 at Emagine Willow Creek - off 169 and Betty Crocker Blvd/Shelard Parkway - in the lobby behind the ticket counter.  Look for TCM shirts and camaraderie :)

Ellen

EEEKKKK.  It's October = scary movie time. This month's movie is Alien. (Sure scared the jeepers outta me.) We're going tomorrow 10/13. The movie is at 1:00 and we'll meet around 12:00 at Emagine Willow Creek - off 169 and Betty Crocker Blvd/Shelard Parkway - in the lobby behind the ticket counter.  

The Godfather II is in theaters 11/10, 11/12, and 11/13.  We're going to the 3 pm show at the Emagine Willow Creek (off 169 and Betty Crocker Blvd/Shelard Parkway and will meet in the lobby behind the ticket counter around 2 pm.  

We're also making our way through the Movie Night Menus book - we're up to The Thin Man and will meet on 11/16.  Anyone have a good substitute for oysters on the half shell?

Our movie book club is taking a two month break for the holidays, but we've picked the book we'll discuss in January.  "Bring on the Empty Horses" by David Niven.  I read it 40 - ish years ago and loved it.  How will it stand up in re-reading??

@Santor318 There is!  You can email me at Tcmisfitsbacklot@gmail.com and I can get you additional info. 

Ellen

Edited by MpLNls
Added @ name
  • Like 1

Have what she's having!  This Sunday 12/1/19 we're meeting for the 4:00 screening of When Harry Met Sally at Emagine Willow Creek (off 169 at Shelard Parkway/Betty Crocker Drive).  We'll meet up around 3:00 in the lobby behind the ticket counter.

Then on 12/8 meet us for Meet Me in St. Louis. Same place, but the movie will be at 1:00 that day, so we'll meet around noon.

Yay! the 2020 Fathom Big Screen line up comes out 12/4. Once those are available we'll decide dates for our January book club - Bring on the Empty Horses by David Niven - and dinner + movie - Chained w/ Joan Crawford. It'll be a "farm to table" lunch menu, according to the TCM Movie Night Menus book.  

Respond here with questions or email Ellen at tcmisfitsbacklot@gmail.com

• Like 1

New year, new venue!

We'll be seeing An American in Paris this Sunday (1/19/20) at Southdale AMC.  The movie's at 1 and we'll meet around noon in the little seating area by DeLeo Pizza and the Sports Barber Shop (just into the mall if you enter from the theater/France Ave side).   

If you want to meet up with local classic movie fans, we'll be there!