Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6 hours ago, starliteyes said:

I know the song is My Honey's Loving Arms, but I have no idea what movie it's from.  

Here's Bing Crosby & The Mills Brother's 1933 recording of it:

" My Honey's Lovin Arms",1991, "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey" by Herman Ruby and Joseph Meyer.

Barbra Streisand recorded it on her first album " The Barbra Streisand Album".

Star-- That was an excellent answer and now it's time for you to sit back in your Morris Chair and give us another lyrical question.

• Like 1

Yes!

"The Deadwood Stage (Whip-Crack-Away)" is the first song in the movie Calamity Jane, which also features  "Secret Love" --- a song that won Oscars for lyricist Webster and composer Fain and became a number 1 hit for Doris Day. ("The Deadwood Stage" was the B-side of her "Secret Love" single.)

Good job, Miles. It's your turn.  

Here's one from a well known composer:

I've got your  picture by my bed
'Twill soon be placed beneath my head
To keep me company the whole night through 

After a week and no responses, I will give away some hints.  

The song was written by Irving Berlin and recorded by several top vocalists and bands in the forties.  It was sung by a soldier during a stage show in a World War II era movie.

1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

After a week and no responses, I will give away some hints.  

The song was written by Irving Berlin and recorded by several top vocalists and bands in the forties.  It was sung by a soldier during a stage show in a World War II era movie.

Thanks for that hint, Miles.  It really helped.  The song is I'm Getting Tired So I Can Sleep, sung by James Burrell in This Is the Army.

3 hours ago, BagelOnAPlateOfOnionRolls said:

"Gotta Have Me Go With You" from A Star Is Born (1954), with lyrics by Ira Gershwin and music by Harold Arlen 

Sorry, Bagel, but that isn't song or the movie.  Harold Arlen is the composer, but Ira Gershwin isn't the lyricist on this particular song.

On 6/7/2019 at 2:26 PM, BagelOnAPlateOfOnionRolls said:

Yikes! Sorry, the song is "Fancy Free." The lyricist is Johnny Mercer and the composer is Harold Arlen. It's from the movie The Petty Girl

Bingo!  Excellent, Bagel.  And now it's your turn to try and stump us.