Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The song is "How Little We Know".  It was written by Hoagy Carmichael and Johnny Mercer and was sung by Lauren Bacall in "To Have And Have Not".

There  was a rumor at one time that her singing in this movie was dubbed by a young Andy Williams, but that was not the case.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

Yes, it's a very cute number and here it is:

Nice work, Starlit.  You're up next.

I have a DVD of Judy and Mickey doing this number on her legendary TV variety series.

The outtake with Mickey Rooney after the end of the taped show is simply  hilarious.....

Star, I know you've seen it and you're still up.

12 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I have a DVD of Judy and Mickey doing this number on her legendary TV variety series.

The outtake with Mickey Rooney after the end of the taped show is simply  hilarious.....

Star, I know you've seen it and you're still up.

I actually have the whole collection of Judy's TV show, and I've watched the one with Mickey Rooney a number of times; but for some reason, I don't recall them doing that particular number.  I'm going to have to go back and take another look.  And, yes, I like the outtake at the end of the show, too.  I wish they had made more musicals together and that at least one of them would have been in color.  I don't count Words and Music as being a Mickey/Judy musical.  

That is "That Old Black Magic", which was written by Harold Arlen and Johnny Mercer.  It was introduced by Johnny Johnston in the 1942 all-star revue movie "Star Spangled Rhythm".  I couldn't find a movie clip, but here is the soundtrack recording:

The male star of this musical would only make a few more musicals before completely changing his screen image.  Except for a couple of guest star appearances playing herself, this would be the last film musical for the female star, who would return to the stage and have far more success there than in Hollywood.

1 hour ago, starliteyes said:

The male star of this musical would only make a few more musicals before completely changing his screen image.  Except for a couple of guest star appearances playing herself, this would be the last film musical for the female star, who would return to the stage and have far more success there than in Hollywood.

"happy-go-lucky" above

2 hours ago, starliteyes said:

That's the name of the movie, but that's not the name of the song.  Would you care to take another crack at it, Princess?

Star,  This was strictly a Sherlock Holmes answer.

I just flipped the coin.

The other side was " Happy-Go-Lucky ". You get specifically good Clues. LOL

5 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Star,  This was strictly a Sherlock Holmes answer.

I just flipped the coin.

The other side was " Happy-Go-Lucky ". You get specifically good Clues. LOL

Well, then I hope this clue will do the trick:  The song was written by Jimmy McHugh and Frank Loesser and has become a jazz standard.

4 hours ago, starliteyes said:

Well, then I hope this clue will do the trick:  The song was written by Jimmy McHugh and Frank Loesser and has become a jazz standard.

Well, there are only two songs left: "Sing a Tropical Love Song" and "Murder, He Says".

I can't stomach Betty Hutton with Eddie Bracken, so I have no idea.

On 8/8/2019 at 6:56 PM, Princess of Tap said:

" Let's Get Lost "-- Happy-Go-Lucky written by Jimmy McHugh and Frank Loesser

Dick Powell and Mary Martin

Please forgive me, Princess, but I didn't see this until now.  My brain must really be out to lunch.  You answered it correctly the very first time.

Your thread.  

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, starliteyes said:

Please forgive me, Princess, but I didn't see this until now.  My brain must really be out to lunch.  You answered it correctly the very first time.

Your thread.  

Well, I normally verify all my answers oh, but this one was just a guess. So you must have given me the right clues. LOL