Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

On 8/11/2019 at 6:55 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Next:

" Huddle up, Cuddle up, Blues "

"I'm In Love Again" with music and lyrics by Cole Porter

I'm not sure if it's the movie you had in mind, but the song is sung in Hannah And Her Sisters in the scene at the restaurant at the Hotel Carlyle where Woody Allen's character took Dianne Wiest's character on their disastrous first date. As they're leaving the restaurant he tells her, "You don't deserve Cole Porter." It's one of my mom's favorite movies, and I like it a lot too.    

• Like 1
Just now, BagelOnAPlateOfOnionRolls said:

"I'm In Love Again" with music and lyrics by Cole Porter

I'm not sure if it's the movie you had in mind, but the song is sung in Hannah And Her Sisters in the scene at the restaurant at the Hotel Carlyle where Woody Allen's character took Dianne Wiest's character on their disastrous first date. As they're leaving the restaurant he tells her, "You don't deserve Cole Porter." It's one of my mom's favorite movies, and I like it a lot too.    

Yes, Bagel that's exactly what I was thinking of, Bobby Short at the Cafe Carlyle!

And no one could sing and play Cole Porter like Bobby Short.

Bagel, your turn.....

That's "Baby Mine" from Disney's 1941 movie "Dumbo".  The music is by Frank Churchill and the lyrics are by Ned Washington.  Here it is:

The voice is that of Betty Noyes, a professional voice-over artist.  It's her voice you heard in "Singin' In The Rain" when Debbie Reynolds was dubbing the singing voice of Jean Hagen for the song "Would You". 

Sometimes it takes a certain clue to lead one to the answer.  It is indeed "The Trail Of The Lonesome Pine".  Here it is:

Stan's voice got a little help from cast members Chill Wills and Rosina Lawrence. 

Twenty years later it was done on a TV show by little Brenda Lee and Rex Allen.

Good job, Starlit.  You're up next.

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, BagelOnAPlateOfOnionRolls said:

"Put 'em in a Box, Tie 'em with a Ribbon, and Throw 'em in the Deep Blue Sea" with lyrics by Sammy Cahn and music by Jule Styne. It was sung by Doris Day in the movie  Romance on the High Seas, which was Doris Day's first movie.

Absolutely right, Bagel!  Doris sure was lucky to have some really nice songs (i.e., It's Magic) to sing in her very first picture.

Your thread.

On 8/27/2019 at 11:08 PM, Princess of Tap said:

"  The Candy Man"-- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Music by Anthony Newley and lyrics by Leslie  Bricusse

Yes!

Anthony Newley supposedly was so unhappy with the version of the song sung by Aubrey Woods in the movie when he first heard it that he asked to have "The Candy Man" dubbed with his own vocal, but his request was denied.

Great job, Princess of Tap. It's your turn.

Here's the song as heard in the movie:

27 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

The song is "You And I" from the remake of "Goodbye, Mr. Chips" with words and music by Leslie Bricusse.  It was sung by Petula Clark.  Here it is:

Yes, Miles--The musical "Goodbye Mr Chips" is such a beautiful lost score. The only time I ever heard it recorded was by the Great Goldfinger Girl Shirley Bassey. She appreciated this music very much.

Well, Miles, You and I have traveled far together in the last 10 years. But now it's time for you to go It alone. It's your turn.....