Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

On 9/4/2019 at 10:41 AM, MilesArcher said:

This was from a 1930's movie that starred a zany comedy team.

Miles, I'm doing this research only for you. I like Groucho Marx but I never really could sit through a whole Marx Brothers movie. LOL

This is a song sung by Allan Jones and Kitty Carlisle in " A Night at the Opera ".

Since it's a MGM movie Arthur Freed and Nacio Herb Brown wrote "Alone" for the two of them to sing in the movie. I hope this is the song that you're looking for.

On 9/11/2019 at 4:47 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Hint#1) Sung by two people

On 9/12/2019 at 3:32 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Hint#2) The film was adapted from an original production staged on Broadway.

14 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Hint#3) The film was a period piece.

Hint#4) The original production was last of a series for the composer.

2 hours ago, starliteyes said:

At last I have figured it out!  The song is Wanting You by Sigmund Romberg ad Oscar Hammerstein, sung by Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy in New Moon - and here they are to perform it for you:

One of my long-lost Jeanette MacDonald- Nelson Eddy favorites-- not quite as popular as some of the other duets but really one of their best.

Star- And thank you for everything. You have certainly earned your turn.

• Thanks 1

" Tropical Magic" -- Weekend in Havana

I actually bought this DVD in a closeout sale because I like Carmen Miranda, but I ordinarily wouldn't waste money on Fox musicals. LOL

But what with Hermes Pan actually doing these dances, I think I actually even saw him dancing in the movie, along with that gorgeous Technicolor I certainly got my money's worth with this one.

• Thanks 1
On 9/27/2019 at 5:15 PM, Princess of Tap said:

" Next week on the 20th of May"

"Just You Wait" from My Fair Lady with lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner and music by Frederick Loewe.

In the movie, the above lyrics are sung by King Edward VII during Eliza Doolittle's fantasy where the king proclaims a day to celebrate her. I'm not sure who provided the voice of the king.  

"Just You Wait" is one of the few songs where most of he vocal used in the movie is provided by Audrey Hepburn. The fantasy portion of the song, with "proper and prim" Eliza is dubbed by Marni Nixon.

My favorite version of the song is by Julie Andrews, who played Eliza in the original Broadway and London productions of the musical.

2 hours ago, BagelOnAPlateOfOnionRolls said:

"Just You Wait" from My Fair Lady with lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner and music by Frederick Loewe.

In the movie, the above lyrics are sung by King Edward VII during Eliza Doolittle's fantasy where the king proclaims a day to celebrate her. I'm not sure who provided the voice of the king.  

"Just You Wait" is one of the few songs where most of he vocal used in the movie is provided by Audrey Hepburn. The fantasy portion of the song, with "proper and prim" Eliza is dubbed by Marni Nixon.

My favorite version of the song is by Julie Andrews, who played Eliza in the original Broadway and London productions of the musical.

Bagel-- it's good to have you back!

The only version of the song is by Julie Andrews. I have both the Broadway recording and the London recording of the original casts. The London recording I like the best because she is more relaxed and gives more of a personalized creative performance. But I don't have to tell you that Rex Harrison and Stanley Holloway are the same on both recordings and just as brilliant in the movie.

Bagel, it's your turn.....

• Like 1