Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thanks, Miles, that helped a lot.  I was much more familiar with the melody of this song than the lyrics.  The song is I Know Why (And So Do You), written by Harry Warren and Mack Gordon.  It was sung by Lynn Bari (actually Pat Friday), the Modernaires and John Payne in Sun Valley Serenade

That's correct, Starlit.    Here is a clip:

That movie was made in 1941.  Never one to waste a good song, Twentieth Century  Fox used it as background music in a 1942  movie that also starred John Payne.  It was called "To The Shores Of Tripoli".  You can hear it at about the 6:20 mark of this clip:

Nice work, Star.  You get the thread next.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

It's from a Warner Bros. mid-thirties musical.  A man sings to a woman.  She would have an important part in a movie more than sixty years later.

In "Gold Diggers of 1935" Dick Powell sings to Gloria Stuart:

" I'm Going Shopping With You " by Harry Warren and Al Dubin.

And this was a cute little song, completely overshadowed by "The Lullaby of Broadway" in this movie.

The song is "I Wish I Didn't Love You So".  It was written by Frank Loesser and sung by Betty Hutton in the 1947 movie "The Perils Of Pauline".  I first heard the song on a recording by Vaughn Monroe , who had a hit record with the song in that same year of 1947.  The song has since been recorded by many singers, including Dick Haymes and Willie Nelson.  Here is Betty Hutton in the movie. 

• 2 weeks later...