Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

On 7/3/2020 at 5:23 PM, MilesArcher said:

It was sung by a group of people.  One of them was Betty Hutton's sister.

2 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Miles, it's been a week now.

Could you treat us with another hint?

BTW-- Thanks, I didn't know Betty Hutton had a sister. LOL

1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

Yes, Betty Hutton's sister, Marion, was a big band singer.  I'm surprised that you didn't get this one yet, Princess.  The Nicholas Brothers are also featured. 

Miles, I saw "Orchestra Wives" when I was a kid and I wasn't too impressed with it.

But my mom had this song on a 78 record, I think with The Andrews Sisters , so I really should have recognized it immediately.

"I've Got a Gal in Kalamazoo" by Mack Gordon and Harry Warren.

It's a real "pipperoo" of a song and thanks for the clues.

You are correct, Princess.   In this clip you will see Marion Hutton with Tex Beneke and the Modernaires singing with the Glenn Miller Orchestra.  For the movie, the band also included Cesar Romero, Jackie Gleason, and George Montgomery.  The Nicholas Brothers do a terrific dance routine.  

OK, Princess.  You're up next. 

• Thanks 1

The song is You Go to My Head written by J. Fred Coots and Haven Gillespie.  I'm not aware that it's from any movie, although I did hear it played in the background of some movie I watched recently of which I can't recall the title. 

6 hours ago, starliteyes said:

The song is You Go to My Head written by J. Fred Coots and Haven Gillespie.  I'm not aware that it's from any movie, although I did hear it played in the background of some movie I watched recently of which I can't recall the title. 

It's played in a film called "Corrina Corrina " and the version is quite special as it's by Louis Armstrong singing and playing with jazz pianist Oscar Peterson.

And you know why I like this song so much.:)

Star, it's your turn--

It's called "A Needle In A Haystack" from "The Gay Divorcee".  It was written by Con Conrad and Herb Magidson and performed by Fred Astaire.  Here it is:

Of course, the big songs in that movie were "Night And Day" by Cole Porter and "The Continental" by Conrad and Magidson.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, starliteyes said:

So my lover when you want me, call me

In the hush of the evening

(Eydie Gorme'was my mother's favorite female singer.)

"I'll Take Romance"-- ditto movie title by Ben Oakland and Oscar Hammerstein-- Sung by Grace Moore, who's also the star of the movie

• Like 1